Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

Soldato
2300mha is worrisome, also the camera sensor seem smaller while having more pixels :o.

Moto X 2013: Camera 10MP Rear Facing, 1/2.6" CMOS size (OV10820), 2.1MP FFC
Moto X 2014: 13MP Rear Facing1/3.06" CMOS size (Sony IMX135), F/2.25, 2.1MP FFC

Could be for the better

Instead, Motorola has moved to a Sony IMX135 13MP sensor, which is the same sensor that we've seen in the Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G2, LG G3, and a whole host of other smartphones.

Associate
I see Phones4u have it on pre-order for £34.50 a month, its looks good but I'm not blown away by it. I've seen the LG G3 for £23 p/m regularly and the original Moto X for £17 p/m (every now and then) so I might just end up going for one them.

Associate
Optimised the sim free price too. Only seen a price at phones4u though. I'll not rush in on this one. The Mrs has told me NO! not like I'll take any notice :D Her opinion is the Moto x is the first phone I've had and not fallen out with! I'd not mind 32gb and motomaker.

Soldato
OP
Underwhelming battery is a major bummer... My RAZR HD has 2500mAh, albeit poorly optimised for the size. I was hoping the new X would be pushing 3000.

It's between this and the M8... maybe Nexus 6?

Hmm, let's wait for the reviews and battery endurance tests...

[edit] Carbon fibre back option could swing it for the X though :p

[edit2] The original X has great battery life thanks to dedicated low power chips for always on voice etc. right? The new X doesn't seem to mention this?! If it's just a plain old 801, then it is not going to be great.

Last edited:
Associate
32Gb is £480 with the leather back. no sd slot on this.
New Moto G is £145. has a sd slot.

Size of the Moto x vs the new moto
size.jpg

Associate
What were they thinking when they decided to just name it exactly the same as the old one? It just makes it so much more confusing than it needs to be. At least HTC added in the M8 to differentiate it.

Soldato
let the disappointment begin!

Off course, but a 3000mha battery will give you 30% more battery life on top of all that optimisation. And most other phones in that size have a much bigger battery.

Totally agree, the battery is only 100mAh more than the old X but now has a much bigger screen. The old Moto X was already known for it poor battery. No matter how good the battery optimisation is, I can't see it competing with high capacity.

Interested to see the battery test but I think Moto dropped the ball on this one

Back
Top Bottom