MOTOGP 2017

Soldato
What is everyones view on Rossi's penalty? Yes, by the letter of the law he gained an advantage by taking that short cut and he could have throttled off a bit but it wasn't his fault he ended up off the track. Thankfully it didn't impact the finishing positions but I think it's a real shame that the penalty was issued.

Soldato
What is everyones view on Rossi's penalty? Yes, by the letter of the law he gained an advantage by taking that short cut and he could have throttled off a bit but it wasn't his fault he ended up off the track. Thankfully it didn't impact the finishing positions but I think it's a real shame that the penalty was issued.
I thought it was fair. He got punted but gained much more than 3 tenths. I felt like they actually took everything into consideration and issued an appropriate penalty.

Associate
I reckon if there was a gravel trap at that corner on the outside, Rossi probably could have made the corner still, albeit a lot slower and loosing the place. He used his experience in that situation and ran straight on (much like at Assen), thinking he wouldn't have been penalised.

He definitely gained a lot more than 0.3 seconds, I'd say it was closer to 1 second as he was right on the back of Marquez after that turn. I think the problem was that he didn't seem to make any effort to give any of that time back. Though race control probably have the data to say either way, whether he backed off for the next few corners to make sure he didn't gain any more than 0.3. That being the case, i think the penalty wasn't required.

What annoys me the most about the incident is that Rossi's words toward Zarco. At the end of the day if the pass wasn't on then how did Zarco manage to get level on the inside at that corner staying on the racing line and make the next series of corners. In my eyes Zarco hasn't done anything wrong and i hope he sticks it up the inside of Rossi again at the next race.

Good to see Rossi at the top of the championship though, i'm hoping Honda sort that bike out quickly so that we can have a 3 way battle for the championship all year long, between Rossi/Marquez/Maverick.

Soldato
Re Rossi's penalty, i think it was unfair, given he had no choice... had he made his own mistake then fair doo's... Eitherway it didn't affect the outcome, but race direction does seem to be on his case a little.

Back
Top Bottom