Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Associate
Can anyone confirm if the sim free Moto G from phones4u work on the three network?

The reason I ask is because p4u don't sell any three stuff these days, and cpw once told me that their sim free handsets work on any network apart from three ( which I found a bit odd).

Cheers

Associate

Didn't notice any mention of of Razr i (there anyway)? All this said I've recently had the Kitkat update on my Nexus 7 and rather under whelmed by it :confused:

Can anyone confirm if the sim free Moto G from phones4u work on the three network?

I can't confirm 100% but would be very surprised if it didn't. I know they don't sell any Three contracts but there sim free phones are unlocked for all networks. Recently I was in a Phones4u shop and asked about the Three network not being sold by them and they, or at least the assistant, said Three's support is just a complete nightmare ...... I was shocked :eek::eek: More so as a Three customer :D

The reason I ask is because p4u don't sell any three stuff these days, and cpw once told me that their sim free handsets work on any network apart from three ( which I found a bit odd).

Cheers

Shop assistants eh :rolleyes:

Dafter things have happened and once again aren't 100% sure .... infact I know nothing really :D

Soldato

Cheers

Yep. Tested this with a 3 Payg and works fine mate. I Bought from p4u on orange Payg tariff.

Soldato
Wow. Three are really upsetting people, eh?

They definitely aren't the same network I joined 18 months ago. I speed tested around London on all networks and Three were clearly the fastest and most consistent. I think they have been consumed by their own success now though, many slow spots these days.

Their 4G will need to be something pretty amazing to keep me.

P.S. My Moto G worked on my Three SIM

Soldato
I'm sure I bought my Sony Ericcson K800i from P4U on the Three network.

When the contract ended I was meant to get cashback from P4U IIRC. Something must have happened around that time as I ended up having to claim the cashback from Three, they told me on the phone that they were getting calls from loads of angry P4U customers about missing cashback. Three was fantastic though, honoured the cashback P4U had promised and applied it as credit to my account.

Soldato
Not had any issues with three, then again I just want the network fast enough to stream Netflix and do the usual browsing etc, still the best network for 3g imho. Also had experience of their support last week and it was very good.

Soldato
A mate is moving from an HTC desire having had an Apollo before that, he has a £100 budget and was keen on this but the lack of SD card put him off and towards the Huawei y300 at £60 having rejected the huawei g510, is he making a rational move.

Associate
Soldato
Can others do me a favour and check WiFi performance on their moto g's please? Mine is shockingly poor hovering at around 2 - 3 Mbps, Whereas my nexus 7 and desire S both get around 20 Mbps from the same server and located in the same spot at home.

Soldato
Can others do me a favour and check WiFi performance on their moto g's please? Mine is shockingly poor hovering at around 2 - 3 Mbps, Whereas my nexus 7 and desire S both get around 20 Mbps from the same server and located in the same spot at home.

You tried turning off any power saving features in the wifi options?

Soldato
If you reboot your phone is it initially fine and then does it degrade, the n4's did this, I sorted mine but interested if it's the same issue

Soldato
You tried turning off any power saving features in the wifi options?

Yes, made no difference whatsoever.

If you reboot your phone is it initially fine and then does it degrade, the n4's did this, I sorted mine but interested if it's the same issue

Just rebooted it, no difference at all.

It actually shows a higher speed connection compared to my nexus, but is significantly slower when tested and is painfully slow to download anything via WiFi.

Soldato
OK, issue solved I think. Looks like it was my router causing the issue, rebooting it has resulted in the g getting the same result as the nexus, really should have done that before posting!

Associate
Would you gents say this is a worthwhile upgrade over the Ascend G300?

Mine was always pants after the ICS upgdrade drama and have got it to a point where it wont let me downgrade again.
I'm tempted to root it and load anotehr image but if the G is *that* much better I'll just ditch this and upgrade...

Caporegime
tbh anyone looking at this phone would be better off just buying a second hand nexus 4, unless they really must have brand new.

nexus 4 is way better and is around the same price point.

Back
Top Bottom