*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Associate
Some leaked info on the up coming Moto X Force...

https://www.androidpit.com/motorola...ter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150912_DN

There's a rumour it could have shatter proof glass - sounds like a challenge :D For a Moto it looks to have a lot of bezel.

Don't think I'll be swapping my 2014 Moto X for either the Moto X Play or Style. New Nexus 5 was a possible but leaks make it look a bit ... meh :rolleyes: I'll see what the X Force is like later this year. In truth I don't need a new phone but keep looking :D

Associate
Is it likely to be US only though like the droid turbo 1?

I thought that but there is a good chance other markets will get it as per what Kona says. I'm not usually too bothered what a phone looks like and each to their own as they say, but not liking the leaked images of front of phone. I guess the clutter may not look so bad if a black front. Too much bezel too. Front flash?? Selfies?? Really??

I don't do selfies .... the thought scares me too much. Mirrors are bad enough :D

Associate
21st. Info on first page ;)

Style should be quite nice, it just lacks the ois and fingerprint.

Yes looks quite good for the money. Battery could be ok as after all my 2014 Moto X gets through most days. Turbo charging is good if you need a quick boost to battery. Size of it concerns me somewhat though display is supposed to be bright which is where the current X fails a little in bright light outdoors.

I'm thinking the X Force may not be any smaller than the Style anyway.

Soldato
up for order on moto UK website now. shipping first week of October. very small price hike for the 64gb version over 32gb which is a pleasant surprise - sorely tempted to pull the trigger but brain telling me to wait for the new nexus 5! grrr

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So tempting.... Must wait. Need to refuse (or return) the OPT when its delivered, then its this or the Z5...

Associate
Use promo code UKWELCOME10 for £10 off your order - it works on the Style or any other Moto phone.

Just pre ordered mine, estimated delivery 8th October. Will be a loooong wait.

Soldato
Use promo code UKWELCOME10 for £10 off your order - it works on the Style or any other Moto phone.

Just pre ordered mine, estimated delivery 8th October. Will be a loooong wait.

Cheers Pre-Ordered mine.

Just realised that theres only £30 odd difference between 32 and 64! think I need to amend my order!

Also dont forget to Top Cashback it!

Associate
Looks like my order was cancelled for some unknown reason so I have ordered a 64GB black leather.

My order got cancelled too. It refused to take my credit card on the second and third attempt so I paid for it on my debit card instead which seems to have gone through ok. Not fussed, just gimme the phone already.

Associate
£450 for a leather backed 64GB device seems like a steal to me. May be my main choice when I can afford to move on from my Moto X 2014.

Could be mine except whenever I look at any vids it looks mahousive. Wish they'd made one with same specs but similar size to the 5.2" Moto X. All that said I can't really say fall out with my current Moto X. Even if I was going to buy one I'd probably wait until Motorola have it on offer. May be a month or two but they've always done it in the past. It was how I got the '14 Moto X when there was a £50 off. I'll wait and see what develops with the rumoured Moto X Force. Probably be the same size as the X Style but with more bulk :rolleyes:

Caporegime
So what's the consensus on the play version? How's battery life holding up, is the camera decent (better than the N5?) Etc.

Battery life is great, Im getting lots of screen time, loads of youtube+Angrybird time.

Still has battery left over at night to play some conspiracy radio show from youtube to help send me to sleep and usually still got a bit of charge (15%) when i wake up in the morning.

Ive posted camera pics on previous pages, fine in daylight, pants in the dark (but its a phone so dont expect the world).

Soldato
Very tempted by the Style, think i'm going to wait for some feedback before making the jump though.
Will it be much of a jump from my Galaxy S3, i'm guessing battery will be worse as i currently have a 4400mAh fitted.

Back
Top Bottom