*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Soldato
Same optics and sensor but the Play lacks the additional software processing apparently.

The style would be my new phone if it wasn't so big. I'm genuinely surprised they went so large.

I'd like to see a play in real life, the battery is a real plus point for me. Using a LG g4 right now and if it doesn't feel too much thicker I think I'd give it a shot.

The style is 5.1mm taller and 0.1mm wider than the G4? That's nothing.

Associate
Bit early. I think Stu may get his tomorrow if hes lucky.

That'll be the Motorola building in China in which case it takes a few days going on when I got my 2014 Moto X. Guess it'll be probably next week.

Hasn't really been any full reviews yet. Thought there might have been a few review copies knocking about now.

Well done Stulid and anyone else who's taken the plunge. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Moto X Play. Maybe buy yourself a 2014 Moto X to review against :D

I'm personally sticking with the current or at least 2014 Moto X for the time being. Most days battery is ok and never far away from a turbo charger in a vehicle anyway.

Soldato
Holding out for the style (and not til marshmallow is released for it) - unless the battery life turns out to be duff !

Associate
OP
Anyone after a large SD card for these have a look on Rainforest.
Sandisk 128GB SD currently under £40. Seems a good price.

That'll be the Motorola building in China in which case it takes a few days going on when I got my 2014 Moto X. Guess it'll be probably next week.

Ah right, just in time for release. :cool:

Associate
Interesting short review. As far as you can tell in a Youtube vid the camera looks a lot better than the old model.

Size looks similar in the hand to the 2014 model only a little thicker which I guess is down to that big battery. Interestingly the reviewer says the display is very bright. Most to all of my day is spent outdoors and in honesty I've found the old model a pain to use in bright light.

When you guys receive your Play X's I'd be interested to know if the glass of the display is flat to the edge? I've always used a glass screen protector in recent years and with the X '14 display being curved at the edges, there was a strip all the way round the edge that wouldn't stick down.

Bright display and bigger battery make me a little more interested than I was :eek:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I like the look of the Style, and MKBHD likes it too though he's unsure about the camera (says he needs to play with it more): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLMQCG5pCs

Whilst it is stock Android, it's not Play Edition stock, it still has Motorolla baked in features like the gestures and camera processing and whatnot, similar to how Sony have baked in features into a near stock look and feel of 5.1.1.

I want to know more about the battery life and water repelling abilities though.

A nice big Note sized screen with a resolution to match + stereo speakers and an SD card slot are huge bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom