*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Associate
I notice that you can get the 2014 Moto X for pretty much the same price as the Moto X Play now it's on summer sale.

http://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-uk-summer-sale-634679/

I think the camera's slightly worse and it only has a 2300Mah battery but the CPU/GPU look to be more powerful.

Would it be a better buy than the Play for the same price or is this years play a better bet?

There's a thing. Not sure on that one. I guess the Play X as it's the newer of the two, has a bigger battery, memory card slot and err, well not much sure the rest is better. Certainly don't think it's much of an upgrade from the 2014 Moto X if you already own one unless you really need the bigger battery. Quick charge 2 compatible chargers can soon put some life into the Moto X battery so although the 2014 battery isn't that big it's never really a problem for me.

BTW, I notice that the Play X comes with a mains charger this time, only it's just the standard charger and not Quick Charge 2 compatible. That said it may not be needed very often with that big battery.

Moto X Play display isn't amoled either and it seems it no longer has the sensors to pick up movement for Motorola Display? I found it quite handy for activating the display. A quick wave to check time or notifications was useful .. to me anyway. Could be wrong on that though. LCD could be brighter though which would be a plus for use on sunny days outdoors.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone seen any decent reviews of the Play or Style yet? I really like the look of the style but I'm torn between it and the LG G4, they may be about the sam price too so it makes it extra difficult to decide which to go for!

Caporegime
Got it.

DSC_0035_zpscf8zbkua.jpg~original

Associate
OP
Looks good. Even though its bigger, the texture and curved back should give it a nice feel in the hand. Should be much nicer to hold than other large phones.

Soldato
Camera looks awesome (for price), epic battery life, nice display, solid build, I'm going to buy my mother one once I get paid next, can't decide what colour too get her though haha.

Back
Top Bottom