Motors YouTube Videos

Man of Honour

Mate of mine Jack and his channel with an interview with one of the nicest blokes in the paddock, Mike Wilds. Proper gent Wildsie and a fascinating history of which this is a taster. Still pedals quicker than most even into his 70's and great to sit snd listen to over a curry! Mike talks about his enjoyment of wet weather driving well here is a nice example of that.

Effortless pace and the experience of wet lines

Last edited:
Soldato
The dude in that Sirocco was pushing it through the corner touched the grass, then continued to drive like a knober, was only a matter of time tbh.

The Z4 crash you saw possibly @Havana_UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n-uIZ7tToQ

Hey folks, thought I'd share one of my Nordschleife laps in the M3 here with you. It's not especially fast, I'm not pushing the car anything like 100%, probably not even 75% (the Nordschleife is an unforgiving place), and I'm still learning both the track and car, so no judgements! :)

This is the lap where I pass the Z4M in the above video, shortly after his accident.

Associate

Another cracking review, really interesting how they have made it really planted on the rear-end, as my SVR which uses the same AWD system but is 90% rear and not 100% unless otherwise called upon is more willing to get some slip angle on exit particular if you grab it by the neck, but I suspect the shorter wheelbase on the F-Type makes the rear more willing to steer the car.

It's actually not the same AWD system although works very similarly.

Caporegime
Having watched these two since they started off on their mum's driveway all those years ago, seeing a project like this with the production quality that's gone in to it I can't help but admire their progress, they've come so far, well done to them :cool:

Caporegime
Man of Honour
Love the camera mounting in the Lotus but what we have there is a classic example of an accident waiting to happen from the GTR. Awful driving, like a rock ape with no idea where the track goes and making no allowances for that fact.

Associate
He will probably say he was ok when he did it on the PlayStation though.
The driver of the Exige looked like he was using the mirrors a lot at the start, turned out to be a very wise decision when the GTR dived down the inside just as he was turning in, shocking driving.

Do you reckon he warmed the car up before going on track as he bounced it off the limiter in at least the first 3 gear changes once on circuit.

OcUK Staff
Love the camera mounting in the Lotus but what we have there is a classic example of an accident waiting to happen from the GTR. Awful driving, like a rock ape with no idea where the track goes and making no allowances for that fact.

Wonders if the GTR actually made it round without binning it!

Soldato
An example of good and bad driving, in one video:
He took me for a ride in his Lotus when I was at the ring a few weeks ago, he's a friend of a friend and we stayed at the same guest house. He can properly drive, and really knows his way around there! He also came out with me for a couple of laps to help me with my lines.

lotus.jpg

His Lotus is heavily modified for track use with lots of changes to the suspension and geometry, but standard power wise.

He will probably say he was ok when he did it on the PlayStation though.
The driver of the Exige looked like he was using the mirrors a lot at the start, turned out to be a very wise decision when the GTR dived down the inside just as he was turning in, shocking driving.

Do you reckon he warmed the car up before going on track as he bounced it off the limiter in at least the first 3 gear changes once on circuit.
He said he saw the GTR coming fast and got out of the way because he was coming so quick he thought the GTR driver would know what he was doing :D

This is his fastest lap from the weekend:

He gives some details about the modifications to the car in the video description.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom