Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Dan Ticktum is the colossal end of a gigantic bell. The sooner he buggers off out of motorsport entirely the better.
He very nearly got smashed in to oblivion, if his latest F3 crash is anything to go by :D

Transmission breaker
Don
Merc and RB\Ferrari say things like this all the time. Nothing new.

It's more the saying that the guy is untouchable because he is a Schumacher, when frankly he is lucky to be allowed anywhere near a racing car after his past.
Mick was struggling previously as he was always qualifying badly and actually driving very well in the pack and always finishing higher that his starting position. However it's not easy to survive like he did and get to the front in F3 from lower down.
He went away over the off season did a lot of work on 1 lap pace and now can match that race craft honed deep in the pack at the front. Thats why he is untouchable at the moment.
His setup work and qually are just now allowing him to shine and pulled his teammate along with him I would say.
Flip flopping about with cryptic " you don't see the whole story" whilst also saying he is not claiming the car is illegal.. Well, what is it then Dan?! You can't have it both ways, either you think the car is illegal and he is gaining an advantage or you are just spouting nonsense to try and sure up your own position.

Soldato
Saw that Ticktum rant earlier. He's deleted all his social media posts about it now, but his exact theory is that Schumacher's Prema run car is underweight, and they've done the same with one of his teammates cars, although not quite so much, to make Schumacher's performance look less conspicuous.

I'm sure there will be some further investigation done, assuming there hasn't been already, but I'm inclined to stick with my belief that Ticktum is a Grade A prat who shouldn't be anywhere near a car.

Soldato
It's more the saying that the guy is untouchable because he is a Schumacher, when frankly he is lucky to be allowed anywhere near a racing car after his past.
Mick was struggling previously as he was always qualifying badly and actually driving very well in the pack and always finishing higher that his starting position. However it's not easy to survive like he did and get to the front in F3 from lower down.
He went away over the off season did a lot of work on 1 lap pace and now can match that race craft honed deep in the pack at the front. Thats why he is untouchable at the moment.
His setup work and qually are just now allowing him to shine and pulled his teammate along with him I would say.
Flip flopping about with cryptic " you don't see the whole story" whilst also saying he is not claiming the car is illegal.. Well, what is it then Dan?! You can't have it both ways, either you think the car is illegal and he is gaining an advantage or you are just spouting nonsense to try and sure up your own position.

I don't know if you watch F3?
But the Prema Powerteam F3 car was a dog for the first half.
They even had 3 cars with punchers at Silverstone. I couldn't see Mick Schui winning the championship.

Maybe it's that?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

“To all people who have left negative comments on here… this is the one and only response you will get from me, so enjoy it,” Ticktum wrote. “I’m not a sore loser. Neither am I salty. I have a huge respect for Mick who had dealt with a lot in the past few years.

“I am simply suggesting that it seems to have come from nowhere? I never said it was illegal. I appreciate I have lessons to learn still! I’m not denying that.

“You don’t know the real story because you are not at the track looking at everyone’s data. So I’m afraid I have to tell you that your opinion is invalid under these circumstances.

“I’ll say it only once more, unless you have something constructive to say, leave your useless, ill-thought comments off my page as they have no evidence to ratify the truth. If you want to talk to me [direct message] me as I can answer your questions if you may have some!

“Unfortunately however I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher.”

A sudden reversal in fortunes has seen Ticktum go from a 26-point lead over Schumacher in the championship 18 days ago to a 49-point deficit. There are 75 points still available in the season finale at the Hockenheimring.

Soldato
I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, Schumacher's rise has been meteoric, but for what he's saying to be true it would take a lot of clandestine planning and a lot of blind-eyes turned by quite a few people within the Prema team, the FIA and scrutineering marshalls.

If he really did have these concerns, then social media is the last place he should be dragging this out. That's what makes it reek of salty desperation.

Soldato
Maybe he should call Seb, and they can go have a cry over a hot chocolate. Then Dan can tell him why he endangered many people at Silverstone when he ignored yellow flags, the safety car and overtook many cars, hell bent on intentionally wrecking a rival.

Dan Ticktum shouldn't be anywhere near a race track. He's got a screw loose.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I don't know if you watch F3?
But the Prema Powerteam F3 car was a dog for the first half.

Hmm.

A 1-2 in the first race at Pau, a win in the 3rd race. 2nd and 3rd in the first race at Hungary, Schumacher on the podium in the 3rd race. Norisring - Armstrong wins the first race, places 2nd and 3rd in the other two. Zandvoort - a 1-2-3 for Prema in the first race. Spa - a podium for Zhou in the first race, Prema cars 1-2-3 in the 3rd.

You and I clearly have a different idea about what would constitute a car being "a dog for the first half" of the season. Because it seems to me like the Prema team has competitive all year long. Is this another of those situations like "nurr MotoGP breaks the lap record at every race, also so does Moto2 and Moto3 nurr" ;)

Note for everyone else - deuse won't see this, because he has me on ignore.

Soldato
Hmm.

A 1-2 in the first race at Pau, a win in the 3rd race. 2nd and 3rd in the first race at Hungary, Schumacher on the podium in the 3rd race. Norisring - Armstrong wins the first race, places 2nd and 3rd in the other two. Zandvoort - a 1-2-3 for Prema in the first race. Spa - a podium for Zhou in the first race, Prema cars 1-2-3 in the 3rd.

You and I clearly have a different idea about what would constitute a car being "a dog for the first half" of the season. Because it seems to me like the Prema team has competitive all year long. Is this another of those situations like "nurr MotoGP breaks the lap record at every race, also so does Moto2 and Moto3 nurr" ;)

Note for everyone else - deuse won't see this, because he has me on ignore.

But I could quote you and make it visible, thus beginning one of those awkward relationships that only talks through mutual friends / connections :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
But I could quote you and make it visible, thus beginning one of those awkward relationships that only talks through mutual friends / connections :)

You could indeed do that. I of course wouldn't encourage you to do so ;)

Prema got 6 wins in the opening 5 rounds of the year (so 15 races). Additionally they got 17 2nd or 3rd places. Motopark (the team Ticktum somehow conned into employing him) got 4 wins in that first half of the year, and fewer podium finishes than Prema as well despite having one more driver. So can we call the narrative that Prema suddenly went from uncompetitive to dominant thoroughly debunked?

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Soldato
EH??? Im confused...

According to Autosport:
https://www.autosport.com/video/id/6OiJIstrPgk/how-mick-schumacher-became-a-title-contender

And, as JRS very carefully pointed out..

What I meant was that the team could not get the setup right, which made the car slow to what it is now.
"Prema Powerteam believes that the tyre problems that caused three punctures in the opening Formula 3 European Championship race of the Silverstone round were caused by its cars' set-up"

https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/138114/prema-explains-its-spate-of-punctures-in-f3-race

Maybe this is why Ticktum is moaning?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Right. 'cause I always say that a car was "a dog for the first half" of the season when it has setup issues in the first race of the second half of the season...Plus, your own link points out that Schumacher won the second race that weekend!

Admit it deuse, Ticktum has no basis for complaint and once again you've posted something which isn't supported by facts. The sooner you admit that the sooner I'll drop this :p

Now I just need one of you to write the above in one of your own posts so he can see it...

Back
Top Bottom