Mountain Biking

Found a pic of one of my old bikes circa 1996. Old school I-Beam steam, Mag 21s with a 60mm (yeah - 60mm!) long travel conversion and ********* front wheel that I built myself while working as a mechanic at a bike shop while at college. Bike is a Grisley Mega 10 which was originally red that I nitromoors'd and polished.

bike_zps6hmckj4k.png

Kinda scares me know the routes I used to throw myself down on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why it takes forever for my bike to change down gears?..it will just click,click,click,click,click,click then finally go in but it takes too long to go in imo.

Recently had it serviced too.

Anyone know why it takes forever for my bike to change down gears?..it will just click,click,click,click,click,click then finally go in but it takes too long to go in imo.

sounds like a cable tension issue.

take it back as they didn't really do a good job (unless they replaced the cable and it's stretched/bedded in which is normal).

sounds like a cable tension issue.

take it back as they didn't really do a good job (unless they replaced the cable and it's stretched/bedded in which is normal).

Dont really fancy taking it back to be honest,they had it a full week last time,They didn't mention nothing about any cables when i asked,only that one of the brake disks needed to be straightened slightly.(the main reason i taken it in)

try the barrel adjuster (twisty thing on cable as it exits the gear shifter) on the gear shifter rt hand side of handlebars. turn it in 1/2 turn increments towards you checking the gear shifting after each adjustment. if this doesn't help try the barrel adjuster adjusting in the opposite direction

Went up Troodos Mountains on Friday with some of the lads from work, I'll try and get some photos up later! I currently do not have a MB so had to borrow a club bike.

Ive been wanting to get into Mountain Biking for some time and now the wife has given me permission to buy a bike :D I have a £2k budget so should be able to find something decent :D

There's always the next year, and I'm sure you still had a ball of a time.

Yea, I'm having a blast, dodging Bull sharks and birds in g-strings now instead of trees and boulders :p

https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14188305_10157283313555167_7150988315840360874_o.jpg[img]

[MEDIA=youtube]WHxeQVK5zGg[MEDIA=youtube][/QUOTE]

Looks like you're having an awesome time!

Get a bird Noaksey, welcome to try mine out before hand! Troodos is awesome.

Last edited:
Beggers!! you alright pal? Didn't realise you were on these forums too :D

Ive been looking at a Kona 134, hopefully gonna have a test ride when I'm back in the uk at Christmas.

You need to get out with us, and give some of the 'proper' routes a try. As nice as that route is, it's very XC oriented. But still fun at parts.

The run from Troodos to trout farm is just awesome. Still one of my favourite trails ever.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/404743/

7minutes of downhill, and that's still only 2/3rds of that actual route :)

You need to get out with us, and give some of the 'proper' routes a try. As nice as that route is, it's very XC oriented. But still fun at parts.

The run from Troodos to trout farm is just awesome. Still one of my favourite trails ever.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/404743/

7minutes of downhill, and that's still only 2/3rds of that actual route :)

There were talks of doing the Troodos - Trout Farm run, but by the end 90% of the poeple on the ride were Ball Bagged and couldn't ride any further.

I'm always up for a ride though!!

There were talks of doing the Troodos - Trout Farm run, but by the end 90% of the poeple on the ride were Ball Bagged and couldn't ride any further.

I'm always up for a ride though!!

It's tough on the arms, just due to the length and rocks. Not as easy as it looks in the video. The climb from the trout farm to the square is horrible too, really horrible. :(

Me too, always free if I'm not on shift. If you can get a bike give us a shout. Sure johnny will be up for it too!

Last edited:
Out having a great ride with my wife and almost get run down, seriously close to massive accident as I was heading downhill at speed, by a big fat 400+lb woman with her kid. They stop and we stand there shouting for 5 minutes while her kid watches on. Belligerent cow didn't pay me any attention and then they left.

Damn moose.

The kid standing blocking the trail. Momma moose was just to the right of the trail.
20161002_143720.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom