Mountain Biking

Soldato
Hi guys, want to move on to clipless pedals. But being a UK size 13 I'm limited on what shoes i can get. Currently considering the specialized 2FO shoes.
Does anyone have any recommendation to other brands I should looks at?
Also any general tips on picking shoes out?

Soldato
Yeah I think we're going to avoid les gets. Le pleney side isn't all that bad.

Heading over to super morzine this afternoon. Might look at chatel /lindarets tomorrow.

Have an awesome time mate!

Les gets is the nuts, don't avoid it! There's a bucket load of things to ride, that's not the "main Les Gets run. Jurrasic park, Slayer, Forrest Gump etc are all immense. Just off the main pleney line, near the top, you can bust a left and there's some sicko off piste riding.

Super Morzine is my favourite part of all PDS... well, maybe Morgins too. I'm not referring to the taboggan run type stuff they've built there on SM, but the less than legal tracks are epic.

I've quit biking for the foreseeable future (i.e: can;t see myself getting another), sold up all the things bike related. There's plenty of full DH here and a load of long distance XC riding, but my heart's not really in it anymore, particularly because the mates I had riding with me aren't with me :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Trek Factory DH are having a bit of a mare..

"Trek Factory Racing DH
10 hrs ·
Tough times for the teams first day riding in Vallnord with everyone having problems, Rach has had her back pain flare up whilst Gee's shoulder has taken a hit and worked his injured shoulder from Fort Bill. Taylor took the show with a big crash and a broken nose! Team getting recovered ready for qualie day now!!"

Caporegime
Have an awesome time mate!

Les gets is the nuts, don't avoid it! There's a bucket load of things to ride, that's not the "main Les Gets run. Jurrasic park, Slayer, Forrest Gump etc are all immense. Just off the main pleney line, near the top, you can bust a left and there's some sicko off piste riding.

Super Morzine is my favourite part of all PDS... well, maybe Morgins too. I'm not referring to the taboggan run type stuff they've built there on SM, but the less than legal tracks are epic.

I've quit biking for the foreseeable future (i.e: can;t see myself getting another), sold up all the things bike related. There's plenty of full DH here and a load of long distance XC riding, but my heart's not really in it anymore, particularly because the mates I had riding with me aren't with me :(

We missed most of the off piste stuff. Mate turned up in a Norco trail bike, too much money kind of bike. He came off all day the first day, and the rest I was just waiting on him. Spent a lot of time just waiting. Then further days mostly just riding solo as he wanted to drink./could only manage 5 runs a day. Could've done with a guide for the off piste stuff. But the main black pleny was fun. Les gets was ruined, but still fun. Super morzine bored the **** out of me, too much 'tobbagan' stuff. Next year my aim is to find the off piste stuff.

Don't get me wrong u still loved it, the runs are great. But end of season just means huge breaking bumps everywhere. Super morzine got closed on our last day. But I probably done more riding in a week than I'd do in 6 months.

Meeting Minnaar and crew was incredible, pro riders everywhere!

Duuuuuuude! I hope your at left exchange death opportunities such as trees, with shark instead?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yep, I think I'd have more fun on most trail centers on my HT than I would on the Aeries. The Aeries is perfect for out here mind, the HT just wouldn't be enough.

HT/FS is a better combo than two FS bikes.

Since I got a good HT, I find I'm taking that out more than my FS, esp if it's going to be a big day ride.

Soldato
Awesome ride from Danny, shame the weather interfered but I think Gwin was always going to play it a bit safe.

Danny on form for Champs.....

Soldato
Awesome ride from Danny, shame the weather interfered but I think Gwin was always going to play it a bit safe.

Danny on form for Champs.....

indeed - interesting way to look at things.

Gwin:
Wins - 2
Average Place - 6.6th
Worst Result - 20th

Hart:
Wins - 3
Average Place - 5th
Worst Result - 10th

Then you add in the qualifying points and Gwin takes the overall title. Seems weird to get points for qualifying.

Soldato

There's always the next year, and I'm sure you still had a ball of a time.

Yea, I'm having a blast, dodging Bull sharks and birds in g-strings now instead of trees and boulders :p

14188305_10157283313555167_7150988315840360874_o.jpg

Soldato
Since my son got his Grand Canyon stolen by being an idiot, he's not allowed another bike willy-nilly, as I don't believe he understands the value of money.
That said, I think I'm going to set him a bike build, where he has to earn the parts for the bike off his own back or by doing many many jobs (this might take him a while).
On that, has anyone had one of the Chinese carbon frames on eBay?

Like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262208099515?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Reviews online seem to be decent, and they look pretty swish!

Soldato
I have an on one lurched which I think uses a Chinese carbon frame. I would spend a little more and buy through a UK retailer. You then have a UK based contact with which to deal should you have any issues.

If not bothered about that go with the eBay option.

Soldato
Want to get a new set of forks for my Boardman, it's running a pair of Rock Shox Reba Race from 2010 with 100mm of travel.

Can I get anything without spending hundreds of pounds, is there anything worth keeping an eye out for on ebay/pinkbike?

Soldato
Want to get a new set of forks for my Boardman, it's running a pair of Rock Shox Reba Race from 2010 with 100mm of travel.

Can I get anything without spending hundreds of pounds, is there anything worth keeping an eye out for on ebay/pinkbike?

What are you looking to achieve?

Exact budget?

Soldato
What are you looking to achieve?

Exact budget?

Basically like for like, ideally under £150. I mostly ride South Downs type surfaces chalky, small rocky stuff. XC usage. It's working out whether i should bother fixing this up or getting a new bike on bike to work in the new year.

Soldato
You're going to struggle to get a worthwhile upgrade with that budget fella. :(

To be honest it's not an upgrade rather a keeping it running. which is why I was asking about second hand. End of the day the bike is 6 years old now and I don't see the point in spending shed load of money for then something else to possibly die. Would rather keep the lights on it, or even just bite the bullet and plump for a new bike if it inspires me to do a bit more mtb.

Back
Top Bottom