Mountain Biking

Soldato
What's up with the Rebas? The rebas of this year are like twice the amount you're looking to spend.

Crowns look like they have wear, could do with a proper service etc. Again 6 years old, so have seen better days. If it's not doable then perhaps I'll start thinking about bike to work replacement.

Soldato
Best option is probably just to get the fork serviced, failing that maybe just throw on a basic (but much newer) rockshox xc30 or whatever off ebay.

It's all 27.5 or 29 now too, so that limits your options, assuming it's a 26?

Soldato
Best option is probably just to get the fork serviced, failing that maybe just throw on a basic (but much newer) rockshox xc30 or whatever off ebay.

It's all 27.5 or 29 now too, so that limits your options, assuming it's a 26?

Yeh 26. That's the sort of thing I'm after cheers. Not needing to set the world alight.

Soldato
They do/did an xc30 in solo air gold - you might find a pair 2nd hand for sub £150 if you're super lucky, prob quite rare but worth a hunt.

Lighter/stiffer/plusher.

Soldato
14269129_294163160955847_1682875800_n.jpg

Took the mountain bike up here at lunch. Don't know why, I'm shattered today, did it very slowly.

Soldato
Hmmm... I can only wish for conditions like that, british weather strikes again.
This pretty much sums up my ride today...:(
fog-05_zpsqdp34m8s.jpg

Went out to test my new setup, New hope floating disc rotors, Rock Razor rear, a complete fresh drivetrain.
When i stepped out my door the sun was shining and the ground was dry, by the time i had driven 5 miles to the local DH it had clagged to a max 20m vis and was pouring down.:mad:

Soldato
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/time-training-highlights-video-val-di-sole-dh-world-champs-2016.html

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/timed-session-seeding-val-di-sole-dh-world-champs-2016.html

Claudio Course Preview

Warner only footage... think all of the foul language is bleeped but just incase i've stuck it in spoilers

D-Day tomorrow, World Champs is in full swing, course looks truly brutal, perfect stage for the biggest and final race of the season, full on moon dust like brown powder, steep and loamy and full of both exposed and hidden roots and rocks, Danny is on the form of his life looking strong and smooth, Bruni and Gwinny still looking dangerous and in touch, Bernard Kerr stepped in for an injured Gee last minute, missed a days practice and still manages to bang it in top 5 in timed run... shot accross the bow to any doubters if i ever saw one, a hell of Sub! i know its only a glorified timed training but being one of the few measures the riders can get against competitors on champs weekend before the race its always taken a bit more serious, i'm sure Gwin has more in the bag as he's usually mighty on this track but i'm sure there more in the tank for Danny as well, and lets not forget the Frenchies always manage to step it up for race day at the worlds.

Looking good for the Birds as well, Rach just holding it for timed training, only .5 ahead of trace but i'm sure that was just a safe run, going by recent form she'll put another 5 sec on that at least, as long as she makes it to the bottom in one piece, as much as i have been put off her recently, i still respect her abilities and hope she can put in the perfect season.

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Redbull feed starts at 1130am
http://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1KRDTX1YN2111/uci-mtb-world-championship

Last edited:
Soldato
really liking adam this year - proper going for it 100% all the time
Yeah he's really stepped up his game this year, it'd be criminal if he isnt snapped up by a proper works team next year, but he has to keep his hope sponsership.:D Adams riding is so spectacular, always a highlight of a race weekend to watch him go balls to the wall, hanging it out on every turn and boosting every jump, his riding reminds me of early Sam Hill or Danny Hart.
saw him up hamsterley last year, I was literally in awe:eek:

Soldato
No live coverage of the UCI World Champs?!?!?
Eh? I just spent the last 4 and a half hours watching it! it was on redbulltv as usual i even provided a direct link.

Well that was something else, dont think i've seen a race like that for a long time, brutal dosnt describe it, some of those crashes:eek:
Danny pulled it out the bag! 4 in a row, 2nd world champs, what a bloody run, so spectacular, literally on the limit the whole way down, but the rider of the day for me was Laurie Greenland, first year elite putting a stormer like that down, its obvious to see he is taking a lot from riding with Danny, share the same riding style, truely impressive performance and a star of the future.
thats got to have been one of the most satisfying DH races ive watch in a long time.

Soldato
been on all afternoon dude.. redbull site. just finished though.

sorry yeah - just having a thick moment this afternoon. Found it fine on redbull as usual!!

stoked for Danny - totally on the limit the whole way down - wild and loose doesn't even describe it. Brilliant benchmark time from Greenland - chuffed for him as well. Brutal course, some brutal crashes but a cracking race.

Soldato
Rode in to work this morning and gradually my bike is getting worse and worse, really need to do some maintenance.

Current list:
- Adjust front derailleur.
- Fix brakes, they seem to have stopped working
- Investigate the weird squeaks.
- Ascertain if the rear wheel is misaligned, or completely bent.

Or get a new bike on the ride to work scheme...

Back
Top Bottom