Mountain Biking

Soldato
You got a decent deal with the bits thrown in, but if you had your finger on the pulse, you could have used Halfords flash sales yesterday to buy a Bizango for £432 when they had 10% off everything in-house 1900-2100.;)

It's a great bike for £600 if you need a hardtail, enjoy!:)

Yesterday I didn't know I was going to be buying one :p seeing the 20% off this morning swayed me.

Went out for a quick ride earlier. PBs on almost every segment and I wasn't even putting much effort in!

Associate
i think I need some advice, am really wanting to build up a bike around one of the new Aeris frames (providing rl doesn't find a way of screwing me financially between now and April). Am approx 110kg and want a do-it-all FS as I don't foresee the money to start building separate additional hardtail / trail / enduro bikes, so would I be better picking the Aeris One 40 over the One 20?

Soldato
Did the Marin Trail on the Bizango today. Loved it :) Feels good on the climbs, not 100% confident on the downhills yet as I'm going from an 18" frame with 26s to 20" 29er (yes I was riding a bike too small for me before this!) but getting there. Plus I'm fitter than last time so I managed to get to the end still enjoying it which was a plus.

Did pick up a puncture after 0.3 miles :p which got me nervous about the bike and/or tyres but must have been a fluke, managed the remaining 15 miles without another. Marin really is a killer for tyres though, think I passed about 6 or 7 people in total changing tubes!

Going night riding with a mate later in the week so giving the new light a go too.

Caporegime
i think I need some advice, am really wanting to build up a bike around one of the new Aeris frames (providing rl doesn't find a way of screwing me financially between now and April). Am approx 110kg and want a do-it-all FS as I don't foresee the money to start building separate additional hardtail / trail / enduro bikes, so would I be better picking the Aeris One 40 over the One 20?

The One45 I think it's now called isn't due in till Mar/Apr right? I'd go for the 145 if I wanted a do it all bike. Though I'd also consider the Whyte too, depending on your budget.

Yeah 145 - http://www.bird.bike/product-category/complete-bikes/aeris-145/

From their FB page they don't have many of the 140/150 left.

Why did they put all that effort into a new website and it still sucks.

Did the Marin Trail on the Bizango today. Loved it :) Feels good on the climbs, not 100% confident on the downhills yet as I'm going from an 18" frame with 26s to 20" 29er (yes I was riding a bike too small for me before this!) but getting there. Plus I'm fitter than last time so I managed to get to the end still enjoying it which was a plus.

Did pick up a puncture after 0.3 miles :p which got me nervous about the bike and/or tyres but must have been a fluke, managed the remaining 15 miles without another. Marin really is a killer for tyres though, think I passed about 6 or 7 people in total changing tubes!

Going night riding with a mate later in the week so giving the new light a go too.

The problem is, they were all using tubes ;)

Associate
Any good garmin like apps for android or iphone that can use gpx files ?
So i think mapmyride and or bike hub seem to be what i want but i'll have too try them later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering it's pretty much November, wife and I were really pleased to get up into the mountains yesterday - topped out at 11650ft.

20161030_111349_resized.jpg

Soldato
Fitted a Superstar Slackerizer yesterday, reduced head angle from 67 to 65 degrees, the bike feels a bit more wandery when climbing but it's nothing a bit of saddle up the butt action can't fix, the bike is a lot more stable now when you're up to speed.

Before:
DSC_0023.jpg

After:
DSC_0152.jpg

Caporegime
quite a few "reliable sources" have been point towards a move to Radon, nothing confirmed yet though.

That's what I've read.

Also that video, sorry it's pretty awful. As a video it's good as a riding video, nope. Too much nonsense, not enough riding.

So was going to use my 100%s for snowboarding, but can't find any replacement lenses. Anyone know any UK stockists?

Last edited:
Soldato
I read that last night about the Radon link. It's a bit of a tenuous/cryptic one to be honest. But stranger things have happened.

Think that Semenuk video was the same guys who did his Raw 100? I like the concept, bit less slow mo whips and loam skids that fill up 90% of videos.

Caporegime
That's what I've read.

Also that video, sorry it's pretty awful. As a video it's good as a riding video, nope. Too much nonsense, not enough riding.

So was going to use my 100%s for snowboarding, but can't find any replacement lenses. Anyone know any UK stockists?

hope it doesn't snow, there's a reason snoboarding/skiiing goggles don't have corners where snow can build up

Back
Top Bottom