Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Wasn't it just!!! Danny's run had me jumping out my seat, those lines! On and over the limit!

How do you stay on our bike like that! Unreal. Loic made it look like the track was a bloody gravel path. Really the talent of these riders is just insane. I could only dream of an ounce of their talent!

Soldato
Caught up on the Downhill, those last few riders :eek: Danny's run was just bonkers to watch!
I still dont know how he held that wobble on the new section near the end, the lad got a clap from me and my mate.

Drivetrain arrived and fitted, all running smooth and clean, heading out for "Sports Afternoon" for a blast up Guisborough tomorrow to get everything dialled again in preparation for Descend uplift on Saturday. still waiting for the Bearing/Hardware kit to be dispatched...

Caporegime
I just pinch the connecting link (kmc) and stick it in a bucket of Parafin over night, cleans it right up on the roadie and mtb. You can also put it on a rag and run the chain though it - the Park Tool cleaner is ok but it's nothing you can't do yourself with a bit of elbow grease.

Soldato
Will give it a whirl. Cheers.

Need to swap chains over this weekend (trying to wear the cassette and rings more slowly by alternating between two chains every month). Bought a riser bar and some new grips (both Easton (clearance)) and replacement caliper from CRC earlier so more fettling to do next week when they arrive.

Soldato
I have a cheap chain cleaning tool similar to the park one, which I fill with meths or white spirit.

That said I normally just run the chain through a rag whilst still on the bike to get most of the grime off, then just put fresh lube on.

Soldato
Heard some horrible stories of ebay bits snapping, basically as a result of being poor quality knock offs. The one I remember was about some CF bars that someone bought on ebay, they landed, bars snapped and he smashed most of his jaw off...

Soldato
Heard some horrible stories of ebay bits snapping, basically as a result of being poor quality knock offs. The one I remember was about some CF bars that someone bought on ebay, they landed, bars snapped and he smashed most of his jaw off...

That was my worry. On-one looks decent for the price, ultimately I would love to completely swap my Nomad for something like a tallboy or hightower. Not a lot would transfer over though it being 26". So I though go for a hard tail lightweight build and have both.

Caporegime
I have a cheap chain cleaning tool similar to the park one, which I fill with meths or white spirit.

That said I normally just run the chain through a rag whilst still on the bike to get most of the grime off, then just put fresh lube on.

I've ran the same cassettee and chain for nearly 3 years now, and probably cleaned properly a handful of times. Quick rinse of the hose and a dry. Only just had to replace it. Cost me £50, well worth saving all that time :D

Back
Top Bottom