Mountain Biking

Soldato
May aswell contact the retailer and try your luck to see if they will match it and refund, worst case is you are stuck with the price that you were previously happy with anyway? Sure someone else in this thread did similar on another bike earlier in the year. Fingers crossed!

Associate
A friend of mine bought the 2017 Mondraker Summum Pro last year and the retailer knocked £600 the week after he bought it. He got in touch with them and gave him £300 back. Granted it's not the whole lot but better than nothing!

Don't ask, don't get so there's no harm in chancing your luck! :D

Soldato
Yeah I've been on the chat with them this morning, the guy had to refer it to his team leader so we'll see what comes! Fingers crossed.

At the price it is currently it's massive bargain, you'd struggle to get a hardtail with revelations for £1480 normally!!

Soldato
I kinda want a Boardman Pro FS from a year or two ago. Waiting til its available for about £1150 then I might make the jump. Its currently £1350 which isn't too bad considering its got Pike forks etc.

That Vitus does look hella tempting too mind.

Soldato
I got a response from CRC, I'm getting £85 (half the difference in price) back in vouchers which I'm very happy with, they didn't have to do anything so getting anything back was a bonus!

Started to learn manuals today, first time I've ever tried them properly, was quite pleased. More practice needed though!

Manual2 by Paul Sims, on Flickr

Caporegime
Soldato
Yeah got to echo what Begbie said. I've got that one, had it a few years now and its still going strong. Its cheap, and you can tell by the quality and construction of it, but it works, not sure i'd buy it again, think i'd stump up the extra for a decent quality one if i had the spare cash.

Soldato
Managed to get out for an hour to explore some local bridleways and woods, unfortunately nothing decent there so will be heading north onto the Kent Downs to gain some elevation.

Soldato
Vitus is definitely tempting if it is still on offer when work finally sort out c2w.

Otherwise still looking at new Bossnut, Boardman MTR or Jamis Dakar.

I've got the Aldi bike stand, bought it when the offers had moved on and they had a few reduced. IIRC I paid £17.99, well worth it.

Soldato
The deal ends at the end of the day tomorrow so you'll be out of luck I'm afraid, unless your work are quick.

My 2.5WT minion DHF was delivered today, just waiting on deliveries of rim tap and tubeless valves then I'll swap the 2.3DHF to the rear and put the 2.5 up front and convert to tubeless. Fingers crossed they'll be here by the weekend! Looks proper decent weather! :cool:

Soldato
I need to get out to the Surrey hills at some point, not quite yet though! I know there's some official trails there (barry knows best, telegraph) but more unmarked trails. I've done swinley, need to go a few more times on my own bike and get my skill level up a little more.

Soldato
Well, my first attempt at going tubeless this evening and...

No issues at all, both tyres seated first time. :D

Nice 2.5WT Minion DHF on the front and a 2.3 Minion DHF at the rear.

Oh and a new toy :D

Sick of using my phone for strava, it crashing mid-ride, or forgetting to start it, and so-on. The auto strava upload is mega quick, it's done before I walk in the door!!

Soldato
Wheres the rubber from? why didn't you go dhr on the rear?

What toy is it?
The bike came with a minion DHF 2.3 on the front and a minion SS on the rear in the double down casing, so not only did it have no grip in mud it also weighed loads! Got the 2.5 DHF from biketart, put that on the front and the 2.3 DHF on the rear. When the rear wears out I'll replace it with a 2.5WT DHR II or a High roller.

The 'toy' is a Wahoo elemt bolt GPS computer, cracking bit of kit.

Did just under 19 miles around Bluebell hill/Boxley today, found some cracking singletrack and also some brutal climbs! That's my longest ride by far, had plenty of rest stops but happy I managed that far.

Soldato
So, I self-medicated with beer and wine, and whipped out the credit card and said "fck it'

Pic from the advert, still en route to my sweaty paws. I was in between another Reign again and a Patrol. Given that the Reign is a tampon bike, especially here in Australia, I went for the Tranny instead :) Got the frame and fork for a bit of a bargain too - stoked :)

O8BBECy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom