Mountain Biking

Ske

Ske

Associate
There is literally dozens of tracks up there.. if you two fancy hitting up some good trails let me know, if you like steep stuff I know for some more close by as well ;)

Will definitely take you up on that. I've only recently attempted Stage 4 and Six Feet Under (both on Y Wal and are Enduro stages) and I'm liking them. They're both pretty steep. Tempted to pop back over there this Sunday.

Soldato
Damn that's beautiful.

How does it climb? I'd love to try one.

Surprisingly well considering its a 170mm plough bike.. Dont get me wrong, its not as easy was the Slash or NS Snabb was, but managed 3000ft of climbing in 2 hours Tuesday even and felt ok.. Ill let you know how a 40+ mile 5000ft day goes Sunday...

As for a mini meet/ride around South Wales.. whos free and what dates?

Soldato
If anyone from the Midlands ever fancies a blast round Sherwood Pines or something (not particularly exciting I admit) then give me a shout.

I collect my new Boardman MTR 8.9 tomorrow. Managed to get it to cost me the equivalent of £1157. Which is kinda brilliant!

Soldato
Bargain price on that Boardman :) Hope it servers you as well as my 2014 version has for the last few years!

Yeah I hope so. I've had a Boardman Pro 29er hard tail for about 3 years and other than a creaky Bb30 bottom bracket it's been a good bike.

Looking forward to getting new one and adding a dropper post. Upgrading brakes will be the next plan I think.

It's a good looking bike for price. Not as well specced as the Pro Fs they are clearing but it's a more modern geometry and I figured I'd give it a go :).

Soldato
Collected the Boardman today. Its stunning in the flesh. I'm very impressed. I ordered a Reverb 150mm dropper too but I now I'm home and thinking about it I think I need to get the 170mm one instead.

cant wait to get out on it.

Edit : swapped to the 170mm drop cos I'm a lanky dude :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom