Mountain Biking

Soldato
Went to cannock chase today, and did this within 30 seconds of joining the trail :(
rw1afwz.jpg
For anyone that knows it, it was done on son of a chainslapper.

It has raised the question (internally) of wether I should be wearing a long sleeved MTB jersey or not, 3rd time to cannock and 2nd fall (although 1st one was just stupid clowning around)

Caporegime
Done 37 Miles, 5300ft of climbing on the Nomad yesterday and was fine all day! Bike surprises me more and more! :D

I really want to try one! That's some impressive climbing.

Guy at our shuttles had one yesterday, previous gen but still lovely.

I managed a puncture, then another puncture. Managing to get down the hill. Borrowed a tube, then another puncture. Gave up and put myself to driving duties :(

First time I've had a puncture that's not healed itself in years. Same spot as the last Minion SS that finally died, ripped more sideknobs off. It's almost brand new, and I doubt I'll get it working tubeless again.

Anyone tried any SS with DH casing? Tempted to get a DH casing rock razor.

Last edited:
Associate
Jim, a while back I used my arm as a brake too, bought some Tory Lee arm protection after and they have saved me on many occasions since, well worth it.

41778245170_aee89da328_b.jpg

Soldato
It has raised the question (internally) of wether I should be wearing a long sleeved MTB jersey or not, 3rd time to cannock and 2nd fall (although 1st one was just stupid clowning around)
Long sleeve Jersey won't help you there, I've gained grazes just like that through clothing coming off my bike! Definitely want pads to minimise that sort of thing.

Caporegime
Long sleeve Jersey won't help you there, I've gained grazes just like that through clothing coming off my bike! Definitely want pads to minimise that sort of thing.

Couldn't be bothered with elbow pads on a trail. Uplift days, or something pretty nails then yeah sure.

Plus it's only a scratch ;)

Soldato
Yeh I'm the same. I'll wear the light knee pads unless I'm just ambling around near my house to check the bike is shifting gears etc before going out on a proper ride, but my elbow pads have only been used at BPW Uplift days. I do have heavy duty elbow pads mind, maybe if I had some more in line with my knee pads they'd get more use but in the meantime I'll stick with the risk :p

Stumbled accross a picture of me after falling off at BPW the other year at the weekend. Grazes like that on both arms, my shoulders, down my sides, all down my legs... Those injuries and the broken rib are what lead to me buying some pads and a decent helmet!

Soldato
Some sound advise here.
It looks like I am going to be falling off quite regularly as I am not the most skilled MTB'er, I think its worth me getting knee/elbow pads tbh.

The POC VPD are pretty expensive though, and looks like they get mixed reviews regarding comfort (always good for protection though)

Soldato
I'd only want D30 pads in my knee/elbow pads, been using them for years in motorbike leathers and they're awesome, completely flexible and comfortable when wearing them normally, then they harden on impact.

In fact, I wonder if they're the exact same pads as I've got already, the shape of them in those pics would indicate they are... :confused: If so I've literally got like 3x sets of knee and 2x sets of elbow pads already, could just buy the 'outer' and save myself some money!

Soldato
Thanks @Irish_Tom - I actually have a pair of the D30 RF Ambush knee pads already!!
Could you do me a favour and remove the inner D3O pad and tell me if the pads are the same as these inside? thanks!

AoqjMGg.jpg

I had a google but can't see any pictures of the RF D3O Ambush pads with the inner pad removed.

As you can see, I already have a stock of them, so really don't need any more!! :p If I can buy just the outer then that'll save some money.
llL7Kaf.jpg
Left to right: shoulder, elbow, hip, 2x knee.

Back
Top Bottom