Mountain Biking

Associate
very interested in this but seems they have discontinued it, don't suppose you know what they replaced it with ?

Solarstorm X6 is the latest version on the bay for £16ish, buddy has one and versus the XT40 its a bit more floody so pics up the edges even better. Its one hell of a light when mounted on the bars and good enough to not need an additional helmet light unles you're doing some twisty gnar!

Torchy the battery boy is also doing a pre wrapped x8 cell battery pack, if you don't want to buy seperate 18650s and a dedicated charger, this one can just be plugged into included adapter. Bay
"Torchy 8800mAh 8 Cell 7.4v/8.4v battery for Fluxient Magicshine SolarStorm etc"

Soldato
Solarstorm X6 is the latest version on the bay for £16ish, buddy has one and versus the XT40 its a bit more floody so pics up the edges even better. Its one hell of a light when mounted on the bars and good enough to not need an additional helmet light unles you're doing some twisty gnar!

Torchy the battery boy is also doing a pre wrapped x8 cell battery pack, if you don't want to buy seperate 18650s and a dedicated charger, this one can just be plugged into included adapter. Bay
"Torchy 8800mAh 8 Cell 7.4v/8.4v battery for Fluxient Magicshine SolarStorm etc"
Nice. Thanks for that.

Soldato
Zyw0QbI.jpg

Whoops...

Out of saddle, put down some power and bam chain comes off... or so I thought... technically it did come off... just somewhat irreparably.

I was carrying a quicklink... but unfortunately it turned out I hadn't thought about it when I nabbed it off my road bike kit and chucked it in my rucksack... It was an 11 speed quicklink and my chain is 10 speed. I'm just glad this didn't happen half way along the South Downs Way on Saturday. A bit perplexed as the chain isn't super old and it had been lubed a few days before. Perhaps it had seized a bit through 6 months of non use. Walked the final 2 miles home.

Soldato
Nice. Thanks for that.

Another question for you.
I've ordered both items you suggested, but then thought started looking at Torchy's website and it has me a bit nervous, are the included chargers inherently dodgy ?
should I be ordering a new charger as well ?

Associate
Another question for you.
I've ordered both items you suggested, but then thought started looking at Torchy's website and it has me a bit nervous, are the included chargers inherently dodgy ?
should I be ordering a new charger as well ?

Not from Torchy, he's regarded as the go to guy for safe genuine batteries and chargers. Many use him for vaping batteries. Total polar opposite of some of the ebay batteries which are fake panasonics half filled with sand and powder/ex laptop batteries, and tend to explode! The chargers from ebay if included free with lights i'd be very cautious of.

Associate
PM Torchy, he should be able to supply a charger, or point you in the direction of sufficient one, they are only cheap, even the proper fused ones.

Soldato
Whoops...

Out of saddle, put down some power and bam chain comes off... or so I thought... technically it did come off... just somewhat irreparably.

I was carrying a quicklink... but unfortunately it turned out I hadn't thought about it when I nabbed it off my road bike kit and chucked it in my rucksack... It was an 11 speed quicklink and my chain is 10 speed. I'm just glad this didn't happen half way along the South Downs Way on Saturday. A bit perplexed as the chain isn't super old and it had been lubed a few days before. Perhaps it had seized a bit through 6 months of non use. Walked the final 2 miles home.

I snapped my chain at the weekend, wasn't even pedalling hard just in granny gear up a moderately steep hill. Luckily I could free wheel all the way home as I couldn't be bothered putting a quick link in.

Glad it didn't do it half way round the Brecon Beast a couple of weekends back or the Lakeland Monster Miles in a couple of weekends time!!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Quick scoot around Gisbrun on today - weather was perfect :)

42472047_10217808784070063_610355015000784896_o.jpg

Ske

Ske

Associate
I was thinking of entering too but I've been slacking these last couple of months with holidays and the house move. I'll pop down though - only live 2 minutes from the 'carn!

Soldato
Spent today at Leeds urban bike park. They have a fantastic red route open now, a pump track, a bmx track, an xc style track. It's such a brilliant place.
Free parking, excellent cafe.

I can't recommend it enough.

Soldato
Keep meaning to try the Leeds bike park. A mate of mine has the KOM for the main route. Another lad who has a section named after him commented on a mates Strava, seems he came off in a pretty serious crash, he Strava'd the ambulance journey to LGI! haha.

Off to Penmachno and Marin this weekend, avoiding the rally. Looking forward to getting away.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Has anyone done any of the Wye Valley off-piste stuff? If so, what's it like? Worth it for the money? There's a few spots left for the final trip in 2018 next weekend.

Soldato
Has anyone done any of the Wye Valley off-piste stuff? If so, what's it like? Worth it for the money? There's a few spots left for the final trip in 2018 next weekend.
There's a thread on the singletrack forums with a video, I'll try and find it. Looks very very good!!

Edit: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/...-trails-in-the-wye-valley-with-wyemtb-4k-pov/

I did 20 miles and 2500ft of climbing around Friston forest and a short section of the South downs way today, the singletrack (all non official) is better than anything else near to me, and has a nice steady (but long) fireroad climb to the top, so it's the perfect set up IMO. Nice to ride somewhere with some elevation too, and singletrack that actually goes downd all the time! Just a shame it gets too muddy in the wet, and that it's a bugger to get to, 1.5 hours, all A roads which always have a tractor or someone doing 40mph in a NSL on them!

30182297047_01c8eda3b8_c.jpg

2018-10-05_07-16-51 by Paul Sims - Flickr2BBcode LITE

I really should get to the Surrey Hills soon, might try and get on one of the pedal & spoke rides.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom