Mountain Biking

Soldato
I just got the waterproof briskers. Outstanding glove. Handy when you crash, touch snow etc as your hands don't get cold. Can't recommend them enough. I think just about everyone I ride with has a pair now.
I have been thinking about getting a pair to be honest as I don't actually have a pair of waterproof gloves...

On another note... SNOW!

bsh.jpg

More pics:
IMG-20210131-171834.jpg

bsh.jpg

DCIM-100-GOPRO-GOPR0172-JPG.jpg

DCIM-100-GOPRO-GOPR0160-JPG.jpg

DCIM-100-GOPRO-GOPR0137-JPG.jpg

Caporegime
It's all I've rode in for the past few weeks!

3rkjIok.jpg

Plowing snow loam everywhere! So weird there is no snow anywhere, apart from the local hill (which isn't even that high) and it's proper deep. Makes riding absolutely hilarious though, no braking spots, steep hills and loamy corners - impossible :D

Associate
I have a pair of the waterproof hydromatic brisker gloves too so I thought I would try them today on the strength of other people's opinion...
I'll be going back to my Specialized Element 1.0 gloves tomorrow.

Soldato
I have a pair of the waterproof hydromatic brisker gloves too so I thought I would try them today on the strength of other people's opinion...
Just ordered some Element 1.0 :)

Will get something better for the summer later in the year I expect.

e: Decided to continue using my ski gloves for a while longer to put the cash into other biking bits, will bear them in mind if I throw the ski ones in though!

Caporegime

What makes the element better? I really like specialized clothing too, kind of wish I'd noticed that. I got a tee in the summer, and it's hands down the best tee I've ever worn.

Associate
They're just thicker and warmer.
Today, when I got home, my fingers were feeling very cold wearing the hydromatic briskers.
The Patrick and Sealskinz ones posed above by {SAS}TB look pretty good too. More padding for warmth.

Soldato
They're just thicker and warmer.
Today, when I got home, my fingers were feeling very cold wearing the hydromatic briskers.
The Patrick and Sealskinz ones posed above by {SAS}TB look pretty good too. More padding for warmth.

I haven't tried either but it guess its looks to be a choice of warm fingers but thicker gloves that compromise bike handling or thinner gloves for better bike handling but cold fingers that will compromise things...

Associate
I think it depends on the person too.
I get cold hands and sore fingers riding in these cold winds, so need thicker gloves in winter, but some of the guys above seem to have no issues wearing thinner gloves.
I'll be keeping the briskers for spring/autumn

Last edited:
Associate
Tried a bike with a dropper post this weekend. Yeaaah. Got one for my bike being delivered this week :p

Figured it was as good a time as any to get a sealed bearing headset ordered too, so that's part of my weekend sorted!

Soldato
Got a replacement inner tube fitted on my old hardtail yesterday and the pressure has held OK. Just got to the trail this morning (after country lanes to get there) and my new chain snapped :(. I'm 100% certain it was a fault with my installation of it, I think I made it too short. Just ordered a replacement, sram instead of shimano this time as they have the connectors which look to be easier to use.

Does anyone have any tips on fitting a new chain to a 3x9 hardtail? I found it very awkward the first time around!

Associate
Good luck continues with a DOA dropper post that I got most of the way through fitting today only to realise that something is sticking inside it and it's both a) not exerting enough return force to pull the cable back to its resting position after actuation and b) the seat doesn't rise on its own most of the time. Both points sort of defeating the point of the part!

Man of Honour
Ok so fork upgrade plans put on hold as youtube showed me this video today:

That bike has the same forks I have and whilst he is a pro biker, the out of the box SQ1 there had no issues with those runs at all and if he can't fault it then it's way more than my capabilities. I will keep the XCM for the foreseeable I would say!

Also, anyone watched this movie yet? Might do this eve! It's on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom