Mountain Biking

Soldato
I found the Slabs a bit samey to be honest. Not enough variety compared to his other vids. Of course it's bloody impressive but just didn't keep me engaged so much as his other vids.

Permabanned
Hoping for some help....

Changing my rigid fork to suspension today. When I was securing the disc brake to the fork I heard a pop/cracking sound. I don't think it was terribly tight but thinking I over did it. The screw now won't bite with the spacers and brake attached. It does however bite if I put just the screw in.

Is my fork buggered / how do I go about fixing the issue?

Cheers :(

Caporegime
Is definitely the fork and not the bolt?

You can sometimes get stuff liked this helicoiled? As in a thread repair, pretty stressful part. Though if it's biting without the brake, you might be able to get away with a longer bolt?

Oh and get a torque wrench! :D

Permabanned
I tried the other bolt and it did the same thing. I'll see if a longer bolt works, if not then I'll look into getting it helicoiled / thread repair.

And a torque wrench is definitely on the list now!! Such an idiot!!! :(

Soldato
Also, anyone watched this movie yet? Might do this eve! It's on Netflix.

I stumbled upon that last night and thought I'd check it out - must be 7 years since I last watched MTB films.

Love the opening scene with the vids as they were growing up and then the following Utah run.
The reunion segment was epic, the track (First Light by Piers Baron) made me want to jump on my bike and hit some trails. Also, reminded me of the couple of times I rode down the Snowdon Ranger path, but that mountain was a lot more gnarly.

Great to see Semenuk and Zink still riding too :)

Caporegime
I tried the other bolt and it did the same thing. I'll see if a longer bolt works, if not then I'll look into getting it helicoiled / thread repair.

And a torque wrench is definitely on the list now!! Such an idiot!!! :(

**** happens. It'll be repairable for a low cost. You can pick up torque wrenches cheap, I've had my planet x one for ages which was only £30 iirc (and still snapped my dropper post bolt last week, which they don't stock so £45 down :/)

Associate
So, felt confident this weekend and hit my first "Red" graded trail this weekend, what a blast! Felt much faster and more flowing than the blues I'd ridden previously and I had a great day running it a few times. However, a couple of things I clearly need to work on. Jumps and dropoffs, for certain. I avoided getting off the ground where I could as I'm not at that stage yet i.e. riding the tabletops rather than jumping over, so I'm going to spend some time learning bunny hop skills on flat before hitting jumps. Similar learning to come with dropoffs, had my weight a bit far forward the first time and it certainly unsettled things.

All in all though, had so much more fun with a faster flowing trail and it did wonders for my confidence. Oh, and I need to do more cardio training. Felt absolutely murdered every time I did the climb back to the top.

Associate
I got myself Vitus Nucleus VR a couple of weeks ago, and I know that the rims comes already taped for tubeless conversion. Can I just remove the inner tubes an add the liquid ?
Owning the same bike, some people have tried it and got it working but the tyres that come stock are NOT tubeless ready variants so it's porbably not worth the risk of the tyre pulling off the rim or burping all the air out in a corner etc. WTB make them both in TCS options but the ones on the bike from stock are not these.

Caporegime
I got myself Vitus Nucleus VR a couple of weeks ago, and I know that the rims comes already taped for tubeless conversion. Can I just remove the inner tubes an add the liquid ?

You'll need valves, if it didn't come with any.

The price of bikes is going up really rapidly, 10% minimum since before Christmas on Nukeproof & Orbea. It's mad.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Soldato
It's been since before Christmas now since I've used my evil and its starting to get quite depressing, the closest place to me is Cannock which is over an hour away which obviously I can't justify traveling :(
I fear that I'll no longer be any good at jumping and the first black or downhill run I do I'll probably coming crashing down the hill haha.

Soldato
It's been since before Christmas now since I've used my evil and its starting to get quite depressing, the closest place to me is Cannock which is over an hour away which obviously I can't justify traveling :(
I fear that I'll no longer be any good at jumping and the first black or downhill run I do I'll probably coming crashing down the hill haha.
I've been on 3 rides since Oct - I had 2 weeks in Scotland and the peak district, and coming back to a wet, mud infested Kent just didn't inspire me. I have a decent local loop which is about 17 miles and 1500ft of climbing so a decent workout.

I'm waiting on delivery of a new frame and the parts to build it, so that'll get me out more - it's also a much more winterproof bike than my FS bike!

Soldato
I've been on 3 rides since Oct - I had 2 weeks in Scotland and the peak district, and coming back to a wet, mud infested Kent just didn't inspire me. I have a decent local loop which is about 17 miles and 1500ft of climbing so a decent workout.

I'm waiting on delivery of a new frame and the parts to build it, so that'll get me out more - it's also a much more winterproof bike than my FS bike!
I've been out on my hardtail once or twice but the route is mainly just fields and commons which isn't the most exciting thing, at least I've given myself recovery time from bike parks! my back is thanking me for that lol.
I think the last major ride I went on was forest of dean in October time and that was an absolute slop fest, and before that it was bike park wales when it was 36C!

I am looking forward the the sunnier weather but I fear half the progression I'd made will be lost :(

Back
Top Bottom