Mountain Biking

Soldato
Friend's taking me round Chopwell tomorrow, just a local woodland. Been there before, was actually my first proper trail but the main sanctioned trail is a bit meh. There's tonnes of offpiste though which is what he's gonna show me around. Looking forward to it!

Soldato
Couple friends went recently, apparently winter is best time to go as the sand is very grippy

I went on Monday and it was good fun. Some parts were really muddy and draggy though. I'll definitely go back though because I need you step up to the next level of jumps. I did the entry level stuff but if I wasn't alone I might have tried the bigger jumps.

Lots to do mind!

Soldato

Me and my mate went to Llandegla last weekend, it ruined him completely hah. Felt like more up than down at times, but a fast fun place. Timestamped B-line in that link (edit, timestamp didn't work. 10:35), first run there but I reckon if you could loop it / session it a bit you'd be clearing that jump line. Really fast place at times, loved it!

Associate
Trying out a forward GPS mount that sits on the steerer, looks much better than having spacers and a GPS mount sitting on top of the steerer tube to clear the stem
66490341396-A02180-A4-A8-D5-414-A-84-B0-C8-D360-E0-A2-CB.jpg

And new pedals, first time away from flats in my lifetime, feels odd but good. Certainly need a lot more practice at unclipping quickly though!
66464981764-7-C70-E21-F-9-AE0-4-F0-D-BB52-C6-D5-E38-B2-EAD.jpg

Soldato
Hoping to pick your brains to keep my budget hardtail running on the cheap. The thread in the crank (or on the pedal itself) is nobbled, the right pedal fell off on my last ride (fortunately fairly close to home) so it's unridable at the moment. I've had a quick look for a replacement crank arm online, however the model is quite old and I'm struggling to find something. The cranks are Truvativ isoflow from around 2008 (seen below). What are my options without spending out way more than the bike must be worth?

zC2zZx1l.jpg

Soldato
Hoping to pick your brains to keep my budget hardtail running on the cheap. The thread in the crank (or on the pedal itself) is nobbled, the right pedal fell off on my last ride (fortunately fairly close to home) so it's unridable at the moment. I've had a quick look for a replacement crank arm online, however the model is quite old and I'm struggling to find something. The cranks are Truvativ isoflow from around 2008 (seen below). What are my options without spending out way more than the bike must be worth?

zC2zZx1l.jpg

You will need to know the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) of the crank arm and crank arm length.

You could search the bike model and see what is the specs from the manufacturer or supplier and go from there.

So for example you may be looking for a set of cranks at 4 bolt with a PCD of 104 - Length 170mm

That is if the drive side crank does come away from the chainset though and if not, it is a whole new set.

Caporegime
Been watching some of you guys' videos.
I wish I had your confidence.

I look at my videos and I'm so so slow! I've only been on a few trails but rarely catch air. Only had an mtb a year and a bit. And it's not really designed for the stuff I do. Probably would help if I wasn't in my own so much!

Caporegime
Been watching some of you guys' videos.
I wish I had your confidence.

I look at my videos and I'm so so slow! I've only been on a few trails but rarely catch air. Only had an mtb a year and a bit. And it's not really designed for the stuff I do. Probably would help if I wasn't in my own so much!

Join a club, or join the local hills Facebook page. I meet a lot of folk on the local hill, just by riding at the same place often and it's improved my riding (and social life).

Caporegime
Join a club, or join the local hills Facebook page. I meet a lot of folk on the local hill, just by riding at the same place often and it's improved my riding (and social life).

Actually just joined a fb group. Seems quite active. I'm quite close to BPW.
Just need some other noobs to go with.
My very first bike trail was low black grade it was pretty intense.
But the red I done up in Corris was even worse!

Back
Top Bottom