Mountain Biking

Soldato
Not ridden AE in a long time. Probably over 10 years ago now but the DH track used to be really good, bet its changed a lot now though. By the huge gap do you mean the Coffin Jump? (gap was to the left with chicken line to the right) and the step down just before the large berms towards the bottom? I have a nice crash on the step down when I went last, walked away and hit it again though :p

Aye mate, the coffin gap & massive step down. Will probs take another year to work up to that level of stuff, if ever. I'd probs be able to make it but when the head says no the body doesn't go :cry::cry::cry:.

Can safely say that Stiniog is mega fun and well worth a visit. No offs either, which is always a bonus and the weather was perfect. Happy enough that I managed to keep upright on the techy ones riding clipped in, by far the rowdiest terrain I've tackled yet.

Feeling it in the quads and arms today mind you!

Stinni is fantastic yeah, we're there again next Saturday. Going to tackle the blacks this time, was 60mph wind last time lol. How was the wind? We daren't take our wheels of the ground last time and even then the gusts were near blowing us off the trail. Rowdy terrain for sure, that place must go through some tires.

Soldato
Afternoon all

My work has started a R2W scheme and I'd like to take advantage of this, it appears to be via Halford but I've also seen they can be independent shops?

I'm 10% road 90% trails when I go out, budget can be up to 1K but not looking to go that high unless I see something that really takes my fancy

I like the look of the Vitus might be out of my range though, Carrera look OK and I had a Specialized hard tail which I enjoyed ride on the trails

I live about 10 mins from Chicksands bike park so want to make use of it over there, I'm passing my Voodoo Bizango to my son as his bikes had it

Any thoughts or recommendations would be gratefully received :)

Thanks

Soldato
Afternoon all

My work has started a R2W scheme and I'd like to take advantage of this, it appears to be via Halford but I've also seen they can be independent shops?

I'm 10% road 90% trails when I go out, budget can be up to 1K but not looking to go that high unless I see something that really takes my fancy

I like the look of the Vitus might be out of my range though, Carrera look OK and I had a Specialized hard tail which I enjoyed ride on the trails

I live about 10 mins from Chicksands bike park so want to make use of it over there, I'm passing my Voodoo Bizango to my son as his bikes had it

Thanks
Go have a look in Brink if you are near chicksands

it will make you want to up your budget :D:D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Afternoon all

Thanks

Vitus are cracking value for money and have won a load of "bike of the year" competitions over the past 5 or so years. I would go for one of theirs.

Soldato
Vitus are cracking value for money and have won a load of "bike of the year" competitions over the past 5 or so years. I would go for one of theirs.
I was going to get one of there prior to getting my last bike but could get the model at the price I wanted, they are on my list of bikes to read up on for sure!

Thanks

Soldato
So I've been reading up on the Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2021 model but with my height 5' 11" I'd prefer a medium as the large with a dropper would be too big for me, they have no stock off :( both Wiggle & Chain Reactions (same company I believe)

Any other R2W online retailers I haven't checked?

Thanks

Soldato
The frame I wanted has come back on stock, but no full bikes to check sizing on.
Hate being in the middle of M or L.
178cm with short legs, 182cm arms. Tempted to just go large with 480mm reach, should be just able to fit a 150mm dropper.

Soldato
Very nice, lad I rode with last night had one in light blue. They're nice bikes.

This one is in

Lithium Grey and Dnister Black.​

I'm coming back to Trek after many years of riding Specialized and Marin, with this model ticking all the right boxes for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That colour is brilliant!

Dislocated my knee cap yesterday, went in too quick to a steep tight turn went for a dab to turn sharp right again and must've caught it and popped it. Luckily it popped back in as I stood up but the walk down the steepest trail wasn't much fun! Already missing out on two races, probably going to be a lot more too. Just in time for summer obviously!

Soldato
That colour is brilliant!

Dislocated my knee cap yesterday, went in too quick to a steep tight turn went for a dab to turn sharp right again and must've caught it and popped it. Luckily it popped back in as I stood up but the walk down the steepest trail wasn't much fun! Already missing out on two races, probably going to be a lot more too. Just in time for summer obviously!

Like was for the comment on colour and not knee dislocation.

Ouch.

Hopefully will not cause any long term aches.

Back
Top Bottom