Mountain Biking

Soldato
So! I've been looking at the Vitus Sentier 29 2022 via Wiggle, any thoughts?

s6ST1Cu.png
It's £100 cheaper at CRC and in stock in L and M. £856 which for the spec is decent value. Brakes, forks, groupset can all be upgraded should you want/need to further down the line. As an entry level bike it's good.

Associate
I thought CR and Wiggle were the same company?

Was looking at the Nukeproof Scout 290 race also :)

Where is the Sentier VR for £1125 can I ask please.....
They are, but prices vary sometimes for... reasons? :p

As I say it's 27.5 rather than a 29er, only seem to have stock of the XL in 29

Soldato

Think I might sit tight and wait to see if they come back in stock in the next few months! No real rush from my side, I’ve added my email address to let me know when the 29 is back in stock ;)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just get the right size bike, some decent pedals and perhaps wait until you have the bike before working out what length dropper post you can get. Some frames limit the length you can install into the frame which subsequently limits the max rise you want.

Figure out what height you want the normal saddle at, measure how much post there is sticking out when you are happy with that and we should be able to help with which dropper and length to get.

Soldato

Looks like a single Medium has appeared on Wiggle/CRC but their size scale states medium is ”up to” 180 cm which is 5’11” so I think that might be a tight fit? :(

Soldato
Looks like a single Medium has appeared on Wiggle/CRC but their size scale states medium is ”up to” 180 cm which is 5’11” so I think that might be a tight fit? :(
I'm 178cm, 79cm inside leg, generally puts me on a large, around 470-480mm reach.
The deciding factor is if your APE index is positive it's better to size up as long as the seat tube length is still suitable, if your APE is negative you should size down.

Soldato
Well I popped into Brink, my work I could sell a lung some of those bikes are gorgeous! I have now seen the Marin San Quentin 3 for £1,800 :D

Its a 27" though!
good lad - its a great shop and they have a good scene - they have shop rides and world cup live jobbies and all sorts

27.5 is great - its what I have
29 is for old men who ride 50 miles on a flat bridleway :D

also they have an XL for £1660 :D https://brink.uk/marin-san-quentin-3-2021-ex-display

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
If I took my Trek Slash 8 29er down a flat bridleway, it would probably leave me in disgust.

As well it should. 29ers are for real men on real trails with big dreams and bigger hands. 27.5 is for children and men who think wearing pink makes them real men.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom