Mountain Biking

Associate
A few different ones. Frame came from Leisure Lakes, forks are coming from Germany (Bikester), similarly the dropper post and crankset. Then a few bits from CRC, Amazon etc.

Got a 2021 model Lyrik Ultimate 160mm RC2 from Bikester, they only had one in stock and at a mega deal too (circa £620 delivered, all taxes etc paid). They had a Zeb ultimate even cheaper but unfortunately missed that! Albeit it was too long really, 180mm when the frame is designed around 150-160. Also just total overkill for my uses!

Seems they still have some bits, certainly seem to have a fair selection in 27.5 flavour anyway
Thanks @Invertigo Bikester was where I managed to get a DTSwiss HX1501 last week :)
Unfortunately they don't have any 36's in the specs i'm looking for right now

Associate
I ordered some Fox Factory 36's last week, was told 3-4 week turnaround. 20Twenty store.
I just gave TFTuned another call to double check the lead time.
They say that the UK distributor for Fox cannot get the forks yet due to lack of shipping containers.
Apparently it has been pushed back to September now.

Associate
Thanks @Invertigo Bikester was where I managed to get a DTSwiss HX1501 last week :)
Unfortunately they don't have any 36's in the specs i'm looking for right now
Some of their stock seems to be very fluid, when I ordered my fork it just seemed to pop up a day or so before and is gone from the site again now so maybe worth checking every couple of days. That being said, the Fox ones from TF are 2022 models aren't they? Whereas I think Bikester are carrying 2021 models. For whatever difference that makes.

Soldato
I just gave TFTuned another call to double check the lead time.
They say that the UK distributor for Fox cannot get the forks yet due to lack of shipping containers.
Apparently it has been pushed back to September now.

Oh god... well I hope that's not the case... everything bar the wheels being built is on way/here apart from the Forks.

Soldato
I used about 12 or 15 different online stores to get all the parts for my last build a couple of months ago.

I knew the part I wanted so would go hunting, 5 or 6 (or 10) online shops later I'd find one in stock and order it before it went.

Repeat 15 times...

Some stuff still had a massive lead time, 8 weeks for hope brakes for instance.

Soldato
Bikester had 1, Fox 36 160mm/44mm 15x10 in. So nabbed it. £100 less than the shop quoted me too. Chain enroute as well.

All my parts should be here end of next week I hope!

Associate
Wheels are one area I may come a bit stuck. Ordered a set of Superstar V6 builds with Stans FlowMk3 rims, no notice of any delays in the ordering. Afterwards I noticed their V6 hub sold solo had a pre-order August note against it, and asking seems to be getting nowhere. May well end up having to cancel as I don't seem to be getting any sort of indication as to their current stock, only being told that things are on the way and the industry is busy etc.

Not ideal really, using one of their V6 hubs on the rear of my HT and it's good but the vagueness of answering the question screams that the August date is probably right, but admitting that would result in me cancelling the order.

Caporegime
Wheels are one area I may come a bit stuck. Ordered a set of Superstar V6 builds with Stans FlowMk3 rims, no notice of any delays in the ordering. Afterwards I noticed their V6 hub sold solo had a pre-order August note against it, and asking seems to be getting nowhere. May well end up having to cancel as I don't seem to be getting any sort of indication as to their current stock, only being told that things are on the way and the industry is busy etc.

Not ideal really, using one of their V6 hubs on the rear of my HT and it's good but the vagueness of answering the question screams that the August date is probably right, but admitting that would result in me cancelling the order.

Good luck getting in touch with them, I sent them a message about some pedals before and he just started giving me grief and arguing with me. First batch of pedals were awesome too, and I bigged them up as a small company making good stuff. Wouldn't touch them again after that conversation.

Associate
Good luck getting in touch with them, I sent them a message about some pedals before and he just started giving me grief and arguing with me. First batch of pedals were awesome too, and I bigged them up as a small company making good stuff. Wouldn't touch them again after that conversation.
Yeah got an email this morning, automated it seems, stating a 15 day lead time subject to stock, and they've still not told me if they actually have any rear hubs in or the August preorder is right. It's the last thing to arrive so I've sent one back saying I need a cancellation, which I'm sure will be kicked back against, but at no point in the order process was there any indication of stock delays.

Soldato
If you could quote me and post your GoPro settings too when you find time, that would be amazing. I think I'll just edit, export to 4k mov and upload that file instead of trying Handbrake to compress before upload - it just destroys any quality you have. Next run I'll be completely set up :cool:

Sorry completely forgot about this. My GoPro settings are:

4k 30fps, Superview with Hypersmooth on.
Protune Settings:
Bit Rate: High
Shutter: Auto
EV Comp: -1.0
White Balance - 5500k
ISO Min - 100. Max - 1600
Sharpness - Medium
Colour - Flat
RAW Audio - Off
Wind - Off

Hope this helps :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hope hub still isn't here yet, they did estimate 4 weeks as it is being made to order.... In the meantime existing hub is getting louder and louder on those worn bearings, take a listen to this....

Caporegime
Just whack some grease in them? Only take 5 minutes.

I had to do that for my frame bearings, while I waited 4 weeks for them to turn up!

Soldato
Hope hub still isn't here yet, they did estimate 4 weeks as it is being made to order.... In the meantime existing hub is getting louder and louder on those worn bearings, take a listen to this....

I'm amazed that those have lasted so little time. My halfords special Carrera is still going strong after years!

Back
Top Bottom