Mountain Biking

Soldato
Haven't been but I absolutely love an uplift day. You get so much done and the trails are usually absolutely mint. Always come away from them buzzing. Enjoy!

Yeah can't wait. Usually ride fod but never done uplift, and I'm so unfit I'm usually dying after 3 climbs(walks) up.

First time out since about October too.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah can't wait. Usually ride fod but never done uplift, and I'm so unfit I'm usually dying after 3 climbs(walks) up.

First time out since about October too.

:p You are going to be dead even with uplift!

Even when I was biking quite a lot (not amazing fitness but OK) I was knackered after 8+ runs at BPW. Even doing a full run from top to bottom at full pace was tiring and by the last few runs my hands were tired. My hands never usually get tired as I do a lot of climbing so my grip strength is very high.

Soldato
Great day at 417 cheltenham today. Loved doing uplift for a change.

Thank god for my full face lid, just after lunch had a big off and ended up head butting the top of a berm full whack. Hands have come off worse than anything.

Went and smashed our first night ride last night, get some lights lad, this is ******* crazy fun.

Looks good fun, mates have been out a few times and seem to rate it. What torch do you use? Was considering looking for a mount for my sofirn q8

Soldato
Thank god for my full face lid, just after lunch had a big off and ended up head butting the top of a berm full whack. Hands have come off worse than anything.

Hopefully ya alright, Helmet alright?

Looks good fun, mates have been out a few times and seem to rate it. What torch do you use? Was considering looking for a mount for my sofirn q8

It's stupid mate, we're no riders just novice/average mtb'ers, but we had an absolutely blast. weather was perfect for it too, cold enough to cool you when you had a break. no wind and no rain. Just right.

Lights were:
Helmet - Light & Motion Vis 1000 + gopro mount from rainforest. (£80)
Bars - Cateye 1100 (£62 on rainforest iirc?)

Well worth it, doesn't look too lit up on the video there but I had no problems seeing ahead. Felt like we had car headlights strapped to us. Even managed to hit some PRs on some of the trails. :eek:

Took a couple of trails to settle in. One thing that's totally different is the rocks give of funky funky shadows, makes em look bigger than they are. So even though we know the trails well it made it funny seeing the line through rock gardens. Do recommend it but probably on your most ridden trail!

Soldato
Hopefully ya alright, Helmet alright?

It's stupid mate, we're no riders just novice/average mtb'ers, but we had an absolutely blast. weather was perfect for it too, cold enough to cool you when you had a break. no wind and no rain. Just right.

Yeah I'm good cheers, heads perfect but the helmet took a real heavy hit, peak all smashed off. I'll have a look at the internals tomorrow.

Hands are stiff as though!

Sounds like good fun, I've got a load of torches I can probably use on bars but will look into a head mounted one also. I know what you mean about the shadows.

Hopefully going to get out a lot more this year and mates have been pestering me to torch up so will probably give it a go. Forest of Dean verderers trail should be pretty good for it.

Soldato
Me and my mate hit dyfi yesterday, that place is something else. Done Swooper, 50 Cases, Racetrack and Turns in the Ferns.

It's all just so well built I had total confidence in the grip. Probably helps it was bone dry.

Swoopers just fun. Probably the best berms I've ever ridden. 50 hits is long, and daunting to try and go for some of the jumps. Quite gnarly and steep up the top. Racetrack is mega, didn't hit the drops or big gaps but everything else was wicked fun, build up to those drops. The end of racetrack is a bit hairy, can't imagine it in the wet. Turns in the ferns is deceptive, probably fastest track there you pick up massive speed.

I already can't wait to go back.

Soldato
Think they'll go on my list to add to the Transition Spur along with AXS stuff.

Also noticed Transition who for ages said they'd rather die than release an E-MTB have released an E-MTB.

Am thinking of a change back to Hope, even before my Slash 8 arrives, but if I am seeing £220 a side without rotors (quick net search) then I'm not sure.

Do look nice though and that thought is now stuck in my mind....Arggghhhhh I hate the internet sometimes :cry::cry:

Soldato
Hope Tech 4 do look nice but that lever length! How my increase power....? Make lever BIGGER! :p

Tbf I wouldn't mind trying Hope brakes again, the last Hope brake I owned was the Mono M4. Problem is I won't touch them whilst they are still using DOT fluid

Soldato
Hope Tech 4 do look nice but that lever length! How my increase power....? Make lever BIGGER! :p

Tbf I wouldn't mind trying Hope brakes again, the last Hope brake I owned was the Mono M4. Problem is I won't touch them whilst they are still using DOT fluid
Yeah I kind of wish they'd use mineral as well, but I have had zero issues using DOT fluid.

Soldato
Yeah I kind of wish they'd use mineral as well, but I have had zero issues using DOT fluid.

DOT fluid is fine aslong as it stays in the brakes. About 2 years ago I snapped a Saint master cylinder in half when I was riding. Fork stanchions and seals were covered in mineral oil. With the length I time they were covered I imagine I would have needed new fork seals had it been DOT fluid. I was considering changing the Saint brakes for Hopes back then. Went with Magura after that :p

Back
Top Bottom