MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Permabanned
A witness who heard what the attacker said has just been on the BBC.

He isn't sure exactly what he said, it was either:

"Britain first"

or

"Put Britain first"

Caporegime
Everyone everywhere seems to be jumping on the bandwagon and calling him a terrorist, but is there any actual hard evidence that he shouted 'Britain First'? Call me cynical, but I don't believe a word anyone says until there is evidence. What's stopping this random bystander from lying?

Permabanned
https://twitter.com/Jo_Cox1

Jo Cox: Brexit is no answer to real concerns on immigration

Immigration is a legitimate concern, but it’s not a good reason to leave the EU @yorkshirepost #Remain #StrongerInhttp://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/jo-cox-brexit-is-no-answer-to-real-concerns-on-immigration-1-7956822#ixzz4BA42bFd8http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/jo-cox-brexit-is-no-answer-to-real-concerns-on-immigration-1-7956822 …

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone bringing remain or brexit or whatever into this should just be ashamed of themselves. The man was a nutter. Anyone trying to use it to score 'political points' whether it be remainers or brexiter's are gutter dogs.

True but it didn't stop some britexit campaigners over at Leave.EU using the Orlando shooting to score political points, even tho the shooter was american born. Politics its dirty game especially when they use hate to dive people.

Caporegime
True but it didn't stop some britexit campaigners over at Leave.EU using the Orlando shooting to score political points, even tho the shooter was american born. Politics its dirty game especially when they use hate to dive people.

And I say the same bout them. I'm a brexiter but one thing I despise is people using tragedies to further their own political cause. It's immoral, misguided and completely disrespectful to the people mourning their loved one. And it carries no relevance either as the people who carry out acts like this are not normal, straight thinking people. They are acting on violent impulses usually fuelled by some form of mental illness.

Qel

Qel

Associate

Two wrongs don't make a right? People trying to profit politically from the US shooting or from today's tragedy is just totally disgusting, no 'oh but they did this' even comes into it.

Soldato
Anyone bringing remain or brexit or whatever into this should just be ashamed of themselves. The man was a nutter. Anyone trying to use it to score 'political points' whether it be remainers or brexiter's are gutter dogs.

It doesn't take a giant leap to go from Britain First rhetoric to incenting violence, and it bares discussion if there is a link, mentally ill or not.

Soldato
Everything the news is reporting makes him sound like a completely neutral, unassuming individual. So it seems somewhat out of character.

But then, as they say, it's always the quiet ones...

Soldato
Wow.

Well lets proscribe Britain first. Simples.

Such a waste of life :(. Cant even imagine what her family is going through right now :(.

Soldato
And I say the same bout them. I'm a brexiter but one thing I despise is people using tragedies to further their own political cause. It's immoral, misguided and completely disrespectful to the people mourning their loved one. And it carries no relevance either as the people who carry out acts like this are not normal, straight thinking people. They are acting on violent impulses usually fuelled by some form of mental illness.

Well said i agree that's the point i was trying to make, may i ask where you get your information from on pros & cons on brit exit? I have not looked into much and lately i keep getting asked if I'm going to vote. When I look at the partys campaigning for it don't know how to trust they don't seem to show many facts.

Soldato
Well said i agree that's the point i was trying to make, may i ask where you get your information from on pros & cons on brit exit? I have not looked into much and lately i keep getting asked if I'm going to vote. When I look at the partys campaigning for it don't know how to trust they don't seem to show many facts.

I wouldn't bother looking at the campaigns for either side to be honest - they're both quite rubbish.

I'd suggest maybe having a skim through the couple of threads that are in GD (but you may have to sift through some nonsense) - there are a few people on both sides making considered arguments with a lot of data and it's generally a good back and forth discussion.

It's certainly not a straightforward matter but good on you for actually bothering to looking into it properly before making a decision.

Soldato
. When I look at the partys campaigning for it don't know how to trust they don't seem to show many facts.

There are no facts, only guess work and opinions from both sides. Pick the side you think sounds most plausible.

Probably not the thread to continue the discussion though.

Back
Top Bottom