MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
Just up the road from me and we're all in shock here in Kirklees.
We have one of the most diverse populations in the UK and we ALL felt this.

So sad - rest in peace Jo Cox - she was a prominent Pro-palestinian supporter (Palestinian Solidarity Campaign) which I've met in person, a wonderful person. Very down to earth.

I'm to going to call this as it is - politically motivated terrorist attack. It was done in public to strike fear into the public and other MP's for her political views/standpoint.

Thoughts go out to the family - she was the same age as me and had two kids just like me which is why I guess I'm so saddened by this.

"Britain First" - my rear end.

:(

Man of Honour
I'm to going to call this as it is - politically motivated terrorist attack. It was done in public to strike fear into the public and other MP's.

Is there any evidence this is the case? It could just be a nutcase, it does happen unfortunately.

Caporegime
Heard about this earlier but they were saying she was being treated, obviously you hope for the best.

Sickening that she's passed away, what possible reason could there be for this attack? Some loon most probably.

Soldato
I'm to going to call this as it is - politically motivated terrorist attack. It was done in public to strike fear into the public and other MP's for her political views/standpoint.

Better yet, wait for some more information to be released. Not sure why people feel the need to jump to assumptions in the hope that they can be the one to say "I told you so" later.

Soldato
Is there any evidence this is the case? It could just be a nutcase, it does happen unfortunately.

Plenty of reports of what he shouted, I had colleagues working out there at the time (we quickly had to 'recall' them)- I've been watching the news since this happened too and i'm sure WY Police mentioned it on their twitter too.

Funny how certain individuals are so quick here to dismiss this but when its a 'muslamic' they're all over it like a bad smell.

Feeling angry and so sad at the same time - excuse me if my words fail me.

/peace out

Man of Honour
Plenty of reports of what he shouted, I had colleagues working out there at the time (we quickly had to 'recall' them)- I've been watching the news since this happened too and i'm sure WY Police mentioned it on their twitter too.

Funny how certain individuals are so quick here to dismiss this but when its a 'muslamic' they're all over it like a bad smell.

/peace out

Assuming it is true, it doesn't mean a great deal in isolation.

Best wait for the facts to come out, as I'm sure they will.

Caporegime
RIP, poor lady. Just wanted to help people :(

Have looked on Britain First Facebook page, some right nutters there. Apparently it's a false flag incident and the assailant is likely a paid assassin and it's a conspiracy to drag their name through the mud :rolleyes:

Seeing as they tar all Muslims with the same brush whenever there is an attack, does this mean we can call all Britain First supporters, "terrorists" now?

Caporegime
RIP, poor lady. Just wanted to help people :(

Have looked on Britain First Facebook page, some right nutters there. Apparently it's a false flag incident and the assailant is likely a paid assassin and it's a conspiracy to drag their name through the mud :rolleyes:

Seeing as they tar all Muslims with the same brush whenever there is an attack, does this mean we can call all Britain First supporters, "terrorists" now?

No, mentally ill.

Caporegime
People have aired opinions that were very controversial and given this involves someone who is currently seriously injured then deletions were probably appropriate... permabans for having unpopular views would be rather dodgy - so long as those posters don't carry on posting after being warned then no need for that. I think the mods have handled the whole thing perfectly.

Dunno like, given some of the things that were said against other members I've received two bans for far far less.

Tragic that she's died, she seemed to fight on for a while given the injuries she received. I feel for her family.

Soldato
OP

/peace out

And guess who brings that up, you are like a book. Can you show some respect rather than the veiled one your currently showing.

Back
Top Bottom