MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Caporegime
Sorry lads, most things are dealt with well on here but I think there should have been some permabans handed out in here.

People have aired opinions that were very controversial and given this involves someone who is currently seriously injured then deletions were probably appropriate... permabans for having unpopular views would be rather dodgy - so long as those posters don't carry on posting after being warned then no need for that. I think the mods have handled the whole thing perfectly.

Caporegime
I cannot account for other peoples feelings, nor is everyone due respect. But I rarely go out of my way to upset someone.

I think most have accepted who you are and take you with a pinch of salt tbh. You've made your outlook on life very clear numerous times.

//This is a very tragic incident. In Yorkie of all places :(

Hope she pulls through, regardless of her political position. Just when we were all discussing how safe the UK is because we don't have a "gun culture" too.

Soldato
Poor lady - all she was doing was doing her job by openly interacting with her constituents and in the end we are civilised country. Just because people might have differences,it is no excuse for violence,maybe a stern discussion over a beer,but not this sort of crap!! :(

Soldato
RIP thats terrible, terrible..

Had the news on in my other monitor all afternoon whilst working, was really hoping she'd pull through,

She looked like a really lovely person, nobody deserved that.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the insult to another member.

I hear he shot her twice and then when she went down he shot her in the face, if that behaviour is not of a mentally ill person then i dont know what is.

I hope she pulls through, her husband posted a pic of her with no words, she has two children also.

Thoughts go out to them.

e:

Posted above before i heard the news that she died, absolutely shocking.

RIP :(

Last edited:
Soldato
From the earlier reports of the details of the shooting, it seemed very serious indeed.

Really sad to hear she's now died, though. She has two young children (pictured with them yesterday on a anti-brexit boat)

Back
Top Bottom