• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition - How To Unlock The Power ***

Associate
And now the price is £205.99
Well that was quick its gone from
£224.99 to
£209.99 to
£179.99 to
£205.99
the last 3 in a just 1 day, what the hell is going on with this card ;) its all over the place
first you cant unlock it
then you can
then you definitely can't
then you definitely can
and now by the looks of what Mr Krugga has said were back to
now you can't
but i still really hope someone says you can.
Why go to a theme park to go on a rollercoaster, when you can just buy an MSI's 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition and have one in your house :)
Anyway................

Soldato
i'm working on it

One more request Scottie, could you somehow find out max safe voltages for Core (not too bothered with it as I know the general limits and have good cooling solution to control the temps), Memory (very important as I don't know what vRAM the card uses) and PLL (Aux voltage in Afterburner, would probably only bump it a little).

I want to make sure the card doesn't fry itself in the long run and we all know how sensitive the memory can be.

Scotti should I hold off an attempt for now?

Don't hold off as the BIOS will at least unlock all the unnecessary limits but do one at a time. And make sure you follow the guide so that nothing goes wrong.

1) Make a bootable USB flash
2) Copy atiflash, the modified BIOS and original BIOS (use yours grabbed from GPU-Z, the one attached I'm not sure about). Rename your BIOS to original.bin or something that you'll remember in case you're gonna have to reflash.
3) Flash the card once and check if the shaders unlocked in GPU-Z. (follow the guide)
4) Repeat if they didn't and give up after second or third try :p

If they release a new BIOS, you can always reflash again.

Last edited:
Soldato
They are in!

IMG-20110525-00045.jpg

Associate
For those who have tried to unlock this card which position was the switch in when you attempted the flash, im wondering if it matters because on the ref boards doesn't it have to be in the 1 position to work, anyone tried both bios profiles?

Back
Top Bottom