MSI Big Bang *Official* Motherboard thread (Lucid Hydra 200)

Soldato
I can't really see the point in this tbh other than the bonus that it breaks Nvidia's monopoly on SLI licensing.

I also predict that this will get 'broken' by a driver release down the road from either Nvidia or ATI...

Associate
OP
I can't really see the point in this tbh other than the bonus that it breaks Nvidia's monopoly on SLI licensing.

I also predict that this will get 'broken' by a driver release down the road from either Nvidia or ATI...

Increased efficiency on SLI / crossfire (which currently is poor) is a benefit for nvidia / amd so don't be so sure they will be against it :eek:

Associate
SOMETHING TO NOTE FROM ANAND

Eventually, Lucid will also enable multi-GPU configurations from different vendors (e.g. one NVIDIA GPU + one AMD GPU).

So not yet then.

Soldato
I guess everyone has different experiences. I've had lots of MSI boards and never had a single issue. In fact many OEM's use MSI boards which tells you a lot about their reliability.

The PC's I've built with MSI boards have all run flawlessly too, not one single return. If only the likes of Asus could say the same!

Associate
OP
Just heard the Big Bang is rumoured to have a THX certified sound processor, the first of its kind on a motherboard. I will post any news when I get it!

Associate
OP
New press release on Big Bang Released today:

http://uk.msi.com/news.php?news_no=4

'After the worldwide success of the award winning MSI P55-GD80 and P55-GD65 motherboards, MSI today announces its new gaming motherboard: Big Bang. In conjunction with THX and Creative, MSI is the first ever to implement THX TruStudio PC™ with Creative EAX® ADVANCED HD™ 5.0 audio technology. Big Bang delivers the most powerful and realistic gaming audio performance available from any motherboard!'

logos.jpg

Man of Honour
I suspect this will be extremely flakey but if they can pull it off then it'd be nice for the few games where it works. I've got some pretty powerful hardware gathering dust here (GTS320).

I'm just very skeptical at this point about what will happen in relation to performance / image quality / stability etc across a wide range of different titles using different hardware features.

Associate
It could mean end of high-end nForce chipsets (SLI) and big troubles for nVidia (as well as their financial condition, HD5xxx series competition and 'no cheaper GPUs' policy), will see in 3 weeks how powerful this technology is. So far there are no tests (NDA ?), just Anandtech's leaks...

Back
Top Bottom