MSI NIGHTBLADE project

Associate
The LEDs light up the system nicely. I love the overall look of the system as the black colour scheme with red accents really does give it an agressive but stylish look. Can't wait for more updates :)

Great work :D

Associate
OP
Wow, that's some serious illuminated 'bling' :)

Very tastefully done Hukkel

Thanks a lot Luggs :)
Very nice to see you following it.

The LEDs light up the system nicely. I love the overall look of the system as the black colour scheme with red accents really does give it an agressive but stylish look. Can't wait for more updates :)

Great work :D

Thanks TechMiner, I hope the balance will stay in the end as well.

very very nice and quite inspiring

Thank your GSXR :)

Nice custom touches, love the build!

Thank you n14hta

Associate
OP
The Nightblade came with the original 3,5 inch 1TB HDD and a single stick of bare (non black PCB) memory. As you can see due to the radiator mounting there is no more room for an HDD. And the memory stick would look terrible in the Nightblade.
So I contacted MSI about this and they gave Micron a call. A company that works with them more often. Which houses the Crucial brand we all know from their... memory and SSDs.
The agreed to help out with the project.

Now I do not get to keep the hardware after the project. It will belong to MSI 100%, but I still want to thank them for helping out as it helps the project a lot. Here are the photos of the black Crucial Ballistix Tracer set and the BX100 SSD.

Now the memory fits in perfectly, but the SSD....I will have to adjust a little. Which I will show in the next update.

Thanks for the help Crucial!

Associate
That RAM looks very nice, I'm normally not a fan of the Crucial RAM as I find their designs a bit garish but this set does look quite subtle and stealthy so it should fit in well with your build (Certainly better than the default stick) :D

Will you be doing anything regarding the branding/colour scheme of the SSD though as although I'm sure it has decent performance the blue may look a bit out of place in the build.

Can't wait to see what ideas you have in stock for the hardware :)

Associate
OP
That RAM looks very nice, I'm normally not a fan of the Crucial RAM as I find their designs a bit garish but this set does look quite subtle and stealthy so it should fit in well with your build (Certainly better than the default stick) :D

Will you be doing anything regarding the branding/colour scheme of the SSD though as although I'm sure it has decent performance the blue may look a bit out of place in the build.

Can't wait to see what ideas you have in stock for the hardware :)

Thank you. I hope this post answers your question :)

Looks really good so far, going to keep a close eye on this :)

Thank you Alex.

Looks incredible!

Thanks Jamdude.

Do like the tiny case

I was asked to also give input about the case. I actually think the way they designed the inside is pretty good. A lot can fit into such a very small case.

Design wise it will not be everyones cup of tea. But that is with every case design. I do think you can make a full hardcore gaming system in this. I would leave out heavy overclocking though. But maybe there is even something for that :D

------------------------------------------------------

Time to get to work on the SSD.
Sadly I didn't make any photos of the proces of making it like this.
After removing the stickers I found that the casing has a metallic silver finish.
So I sanded, cleaned and primed the casing first (after taping the connections).
I then gave the casing multiple layers of metallic red paint.
After this the casing received multiple layers of matt transparent.

I then thought about a design for the SSD.

I wanted it to be recognisable as a Crucial product and breathe the MSI gaming theme.
Basically as if Crucial was selling MSI Gaming themed SSD in limited edition.

The design was cut and made using a Sihouette Cameo vinyl plotter.
The software that comes with it works great for such designs (with not many layers).

Here is how it turned out. I hope you like it.

Associate
I think the SSD looks stunning. It is almost a perfect image of what I would invision a Crucial/MSI SSD to be like. It's good as it will fit in perfectly with the system design and colour scheme :)

Excellent work :D

Associate
OP
I think the SSD looks stunning. It is almost a perfect image of what I would invision a Crucial/MSI SSD to be like. It's good as it will fit in perfectly with the system design and colour scheme :)

Excellent work :D

Thanks man. It is what I was aiming for. Great to see at least 1 person seeing this :)

looks amazing with the lights on. two thumbs upTim

Thanks a lot Faheem!

Associate
OP
So from here on I completely forgot to make photos :/

I was working on the outside and got into some kind of zone where you want to see for yourself how your idea / design will look like on the case. I spent many hours drawing the cutting lines onto the dark smoked plexiglass, spent hours sanding and polishing the edges, fitting the parts to the outside of the case using screws and stand-offs, putting black vinyl on the inside of the plexiglass so little to no light would shine through where it wasn't supposed to.

I created the design for the dragon from an idea by a French Modder that uses Megaherz modding (MHM) as a tag: Cyril. My great friend Drango helped me put the triangle/linedragon into a 2D design and vector format. I then used transparent plexiglass and painted a layer of black paint onto it. Then the lasermachine engraved the dragon into it. Making the dragon visible when being illuminated from the sides. Taped off the edges after fitting a led-strip around the dragon.

Anyway it was time to actually test the system when I remembered to take photos again. Here are some quick-n-dirty photos of the machine on my desk getting a Windows Installation and drives etc. tested to see if all works and gets cooled well.

In the next update I will post a somewhat better photoshoot in my house in light and dark.

Associate
Love the look of the RAM fitted in the motherboard but I think this has to be my favourite update yet as that white lit up dragon looks stunning. It reminds of looking up at the stars on TV shows when they highlight the different patterns starts can make. :)

Superb work, I'm looking forward to the next update :D

Back
Top Bottom