MSI Optix MAG271CQR - Brief Review

Associate
OP
hi yes i received this as well i ended up going for the a DS B1 gaming mouse + GH60 gaming headset combo im not going to be selling them anyway as im giving them to my brother. I know the GH60s dont seem to be as good as there not 7.1 surround sound and no RGB lighting but i think there still pretty decent and ive checked a few reviews as well and they seem ok.

What are you doing are you getting the GH60s or hold out for the GH70s?

Yeah, did the same!

Associate
OP
@bazman25

Found a review of this one on a Russian Site, and they had calibrated the monitor.

I've tried to replicate the settings in the video the best i can!

Video Overview
Here's an image showing colour temperature of the profiles shipped - https://ibb.co/qMsFdJp
Here's an image of the OSD from the Video - https://ibb.co/NTMWWzP
  • The Delta E figure at the end ideally needs to be under 3
  • Colour temperature should be 6500k-ish - So the default colour temperatures on the User modes aren't too bad.

Calibration

Brightness - 80
Contrast - 50
Black Tuner - 8

Custom Color.
R - 69
G - 65
B - 57

Associate
do you prefer these settings? i think the colour banding looks a little better but i think i prefer the manual settings that you did in the nvidia control panel i do still notice some colour banding in games but i think the only way to improve it is to tweak the black tuner down but doing this seems to make the blacks and greys a lot darker

Associate
OP
do you prefer these settings? i think the colour banding looks a little better but i think i prefer the manual settings that you did in the nvidia control panel i do still notice some colour banding in games but i think the only way to improve it is to tweak the black tuner down but doing this seems to make the blacks and greys a lot darker

Hard to say.

With these ones, the colours are probably correct, but i feel the black tuner at 8 is too much. (The banding seems to go, but its just too dark) Plus black crush starts to happen.

I've gone back to the NCP ones i did.

I've also opened a support ticket with MSI about the banding. They've said their internal engineers are looking into the issue.

Associate
Hard to say.

With these ones, the colours are probably correct, but i feel the black tuner at 8 is too much. (The banding seems to go, but its just too dark) Plus black crush starts to happen.

I've gone back to the NCP ones i did.

I've also opened a support ticket with MSI about the banding. They've said their internal engineers are looking into the issue.

ok let me know if you get any further updates from them i was thinking of doing a support ticket myself as well but will see how you get on with yours

Soldato
I've just picked one of these up, delivery in a few days.
Its been about 10 years since i've ordered a new screen and was going round and round - VA, IPS or TN? I had no idea.

Decided that the resolution, size and refresh rate hit my needs- but the slight curve might give me an experience I haven't had before - it will be my first (slightly) curved screen.

And i've only just seen that I get a free copy of Divison2, result.

Associate
I've just picked one of these up, delivery in a few days.
Its been about 10 years since i've ordered a new screen and was going round and round - VA, IPS or TN? I had no idea.

Decided that the resolution, size and refresh rate hit my needs- but the slight curve might give me an experience I haven't had before - it will be my first (slightly) curved screen.

And i've only just seen that I get a free copy of Divison2, result.
you soon get used to the curve :p:)

Associate
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Yeah i mean they look identical!

Reply back from MSI. New FW available that solves/improves the colour banding.

I've emailed the UK service centre, see if they can provide me a changelog again!

Edit: My headset and mouse also turned up earlier too.

sounds promising hopefully they have fixed the issue so i take it we will need to send them our monitor to get the FW updated?

nice! i should be getting mine soon aswell then!

Associate
yep ive had the same email today telling me to request an RMA if i want the lastest FW It just seems a lot of hassle just to update the FW!

Associate
OP
@bazman25

Not sure if you've heard anything?

A company called D&J Henry got in touch with me and told me they'd be dealing with it on behalf of MSI. Said they'd said a blue bag for the monitor box to go in.

It's turned up and the bag is about half the size of what's needed! -_-

I did question if the bag would be big enough and was told it should be!

Back
Top Bottom