MSI Optix MAG271CQR - Brief Review

Associate
@bazman25

Not sure if you've heard anything?

A company called D&J Henry got in touch with me and told me they'd be dealing with it on behalf of MSI. Said they'd said a blue bag for the monitor box to go in.

It's turned up and the bag is about half the size of what's needed! -_-

I did question if the bag would be big enough and was told it should be!

yeah i had a call monday morning they have told me the same but havnt recieved the bag yet.

oh will just have to send without a bag i suppose..

Associate
OP
lol yea i just got mine.. the bag is big enough to fit the monitor pannel but without the box!

Yeah exactly.

They told me a bin bag should be okay, well two of them.

Booked in for collection on Friday.

They also asked me to video/Photograph the fault? Had to explain there isn't a fault and the FW just needs updating

Associate
Yeah exactly.

They told me a bin bag should be okay, well two of them.

Booked in for collection on Friday.

They also asked me to video/Photograph the fault? Had to explain there isn't a fault and the FW just needs updating

oh dear i dont have much faith with this company! maybe leave a sticky note on the screen saying the FW needs updating

Associate
OP
oh dear i dont have much faith with this company! maybe leave a sticky note on the screen saying the FW needs updating

Hmm.

I've photographed the monitor before boxing it up too. Just incase it comes back marked!

Had to set my old Dell 2515h up. Feels so weird not having the curve. The colours do seem a bit more richer on the Dell but, IPS ain't it so, it's to be expected!

Associate
OP
wow that was quick! fingers crossed the banding is fixed mines getting picked up on friday.

quick question did you send the stand and leads as well?

Yeah, thankfully. At least if it ever needs doing again it's not too much hassle.

I packed everything up with it yeah, once I figured out what went where etc!

Associate
OP
yea bit of a nightmare getting it packed up! just glad i kept the box

So it's back and they've only updated it to V11.

Came back with no 'Protective Cover' either, just the box with a sticker on which i'm not too happy with, considering their new 'Process' insists it's wrapped before you post it.

Noticed a few light scuff/scratch marks on the back that weren't there when i sent it either.

Last edited:
Associate
So it's back and they've only updated it to V11.

Came back with no 'Protective Cover' either, just the box with a sticker on which i'm not too happy with, considering their new 'Process' insists it's wrapped before you post it.

Noticed a few light scuff/scratch marks on the back that weren't there when i sent it either.

oh thats not good its kind of put me off sending mine back so whats the V11 firmware? does that not solve the color banding?

Associate
OP
oh thats not good its kind of put me off sending mine back so whats the V11 firmware? does that not solve the color banding?

V11 banding isn't as bad as V7. (Thats the only upside of this haha)

But if they issued V13 that specifically fixes banding, then there must still be issues in 11. Plus im not sure what else has changed between 11 and 13.

Associate
V11 banding isn't as bad as V7. (Thats the only upside of this haha)

But if they issued V13 that specifically fixes banding, then there must still be issues in 11. Plus im not sure what else has changed between 11 and 13.

ok thanks i might leave a note telling them to update to v13 then i bet MSI havent even realeased the v13 FW yet lol

Associate
OP
@bazman25

They've told me V11 was the latest they had, even though job notes mentioned V13
They say the marks weren't there when it left them. God knows.

I've asked them to pick it up on Monday. It's either them or shipping it off to Poland for MSI to do.

So hopefully, you should have V13 when you get it back!

Associate
@bazman25

They've told me V11 was the latest they had, even though job notes mentioned V13
They say the marks weren't there when it left them. God knows.

I've asked them to pick it up on Monday. It's either them or shipping it off to Poland for MSI to do.

So hopefully, you should have V13 when you get it back!
I bet they would say that... Mine got picked up today and I left a note in the box telling them to update to V13 fw so fingers crossed and you have mentioned it aswell so surely it will get done.
I just can't believe they don't put the fw on there website so we could do it ourselves they do it with motherboards!

Associate
OP
I bet they would say that... Mine got picked up today and I left a note in the box telling them to update to V13 fw so fingers crossed and you have mentioned it aswell so surely it will get done.
I just can't believe they don't put the fw on there website so we could do it ourselves they do it with motherboards!

Requires a special tool apparently?

All being well, you should get yours back with 13 on. I'll have to just send mine off again next week.

Should have a Colormunki arriving on Monday, so i can properly calibrate it (Found out that Spyders arent the best!)

Associate
OP
@bazman25

You heard anything back yet?

I emailed them Friday asking them to take it away and re-do it but they've basically ignored my emails.

I think once the LG reviews comes out, I'll jump ship if they're positive.

Back
Top Bottom