** MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB ONLY £212 (AFTER CASHBACK) !! **

Associate
As above finally got paid the £40.83 from Opia Ltd.
What a joke this entire promotion has been. Really they should be paying for all the time wasted chasing them up.

Associate
Hi guys, sorry to revive this but wondering if anyone can offer advice,
I sent all the items to MSI back in December with a tracked service, I've emailed and called numerous times but never received an answer on my cashback status.
Spoke to someone in sales today about it and they are now claiming they never received an invoice with the price, more like a cover note you'd receive with just the item. I know 100% this is not the case because I have copies of each item I posted in a folder on my desktop, double checking I clearly sent a VAT invoice from **********. They are saying the promotion cashback period is over and they cannot issue any more cashback..
How am I even able to argue against them claiming not to have received the right documents

Associate
Hi guys, sorry to revive this but wondering if anyone can offer advice,
I sent all the items to MSI back in December with a tracked service, I've emailed and called numerous times but never received an answer on my cashback status.
Spoke to someone in sales today about it and they are now claiming they never received an invoice with the price, more like a cover note you'd receive with just the item. I know 100% this is not the case because I have copies of each item I posted in a folder on my desktop, double checking I clearly sent a VAT invoice from **********. They are saying the promotion cashback period is over and they cannot issue any more cashback..
How am I even able to argue against them claiming not to have received the right documents

That's a tough one. Perhaps if you email the MSI rep mentioned earlier in the thread they may be able to help more than anyone else.

Associate
Cheers for the reply, I took a personal email off the woman I spoke to today, emailed the documents again but not holding my breath - I've sent emails to msi promotions team, rebate team, sales etc., and have never had a reply from any of them, apart from one which claimed they were only involved with cashback for a different promotion they were running :o

Associate
Cheers for the reply, I took a personal email off the woman I spoke to today, emailed the documents again but not holding my breath - I've sent emails to msi promotions team, rebate team, sales etc., and have never had a reply from any of them, apart from one which claimed they were only involved with cashback for a different promotion they were running :o

That's pretty annoying. This whole promotion was a farce to be fair, wasted so much time trying to get it sorted :mad:

I guess just persevere, if you supplied everything correctly and you're in the right then you can keep pressuring them no matter how many times they say no. You can even write letters to managers etc as their addresses are available online, I know people who have done that for refused RMA's and got it resolved that way.

Associate
She's just replied and they only have the dispatch note, not my invoice, so they're either telling fibs or someone at their end lost it. Nothing they can do apparently..
Where can I find these manager contacts mate?

Soldato
And that is why they offer cash back deals rather than a straight reduction of the retail price. Tempt in customers then hope they forget, can't be bothered or mess up on some technicality so they don't have to pay out.

These offers do more harm than good to PR and this is from someone that has bought more MSI products than from any other manufacturer.

Associate
She's just replied and they only have the dispatch note, not my invoice, so they're either telling fibs or someone at their end lost it. Nothing they can do apparently..
Where can I find these manager contacts mate?

Start with a rep (email address earlier n this thread) then work your way up if you get no success. You can find managers on Linkedin eg Marketing Manager at MSI UK is on there. You will have to decide which departments are most likely to be able to help. You can work your way right up to CEO with a complaint but only if you have tried all lower down the chain first (CEO will lean on people for not doing their job but will also ignore anything that hasn't gone through the proper channels first) Plenty of success stories with complaints going all the way to CEO, but this being a cashback promotion run by a third-party I imagine that can complicate things further unfortunately.
I wish you luck!

Associate
Does anyone know how the MSI warranty/RMA would be affected by the serial number data being cut from the retail box. Asking mainly if you were to sell the card on, such as for a 2nd owner.

Do MSI just outright decline 2nd owner RMAs/warranty, or would they decline anyway since box is missing the serial number data.

Cheers.

Associate
Does anyone know how the MSI warranty/RMA would be affected by the serial number data being cut from the retail box. Asking mainly if you were to sell the card on, such as for a 2nd owner.

Do MSI just outright decline 2nd owner RMAs/warranty, or would they decline anyway since box is missing the serial number data.

Cheers.

Pretty sure they would reject on both counts. MSI warranty is non-transferrable and I don't often hear of them making exceptions. If the second owner had the original invoice it may be possible but by definition they would reject if they knew it was a second owner

Back
Top Bottom