MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Caporegime
So got it built over the weekend and have to say I am very impressed looks amazing and had no issues with the install. Bios is nice and easy to use as well.

I have installed a 3700x and have turned on PBO and the CPU has settled at 4.2Ghz not sure it if is worth messing with any further to get a bit more out of it?

Currently got 16gb of Patriot Viper Steel 4400Mhz installed as I got it cheap off a friend who had bought it but decided to sell his rig instead. Out of the box it has two XMP profiles 4266Mhz and 4400Mhz. Just for curiosity I tried both of them without messing with any for the settings and 4266Mhz worked straight off the bat however 4400Mhz would not boot.

Now I know this is not the ideal ram for a Ryzen due to the way infinity fabric works but like I said I got it cheap. Rather than swapping it for some 3600Mhz I will have a play with the timings when I get a chance and see if I can find a sweet spot. Has anybody got any recommendations I was thinking perhaps something like

3733Mhz 1:1 IF.
16 - 14 - 14 - 24

PS Please ignore the crappy 580 Nitro in there at the moment I am waiting for the new Nvidia Ampere cards to be released

8bsBvAV
Gcz9LiE
Sounds awesome! Don't get too hung up over the RAM speeds, yes of course it makes some difference but in the end a few percent is not worth the inflated cost it brings that often far outweigh the relative performance gains. If you got the RAM for cheap then it it still makes it great value and performance per £. :)

I will use this thread for my Unify results as it's basically a slightly fancier version of the same board. I will be interested to use a modern BIOS with an actual GUI as I have only ever used the basic text versions. :)

You have the ideal ram just don’t use the profile!! You have Samsung b die chips so set 3600mhz cas14!!!

Ahh, if he has B-die already and didn't even realise it then what a lucky SOB! :D

Associate
So got it built over the weekend and have to say I am very impressed looks amazing and had no issues with the install. Bios is nice and easy to use as well.
PS Please ignore the crappy 580 Nitro in there at the moment I am waiting for the new Nvidia Ampere cards to be released

8bsBvAV
Gcz9LiE

very nice build! I got fed up with waiting and thinking about building my system so I've ordered my chassis (P400A) and I'm going to put it together this week.

I do not have a GPU and I'm with you on waiting for the new cards to launch. I'm trying to find a basic GPU to install so I can use the PC for work. I'd actually get a an AMD 580 just for the time being.

Associate
All the parts for my build are either with me or arriving tomorrow.....apart from the motherboard! This is too much to bear, but I shall, as there's no better motherboard for the price or even up to £250.

Associate
Ordered X570 Tomahawk, some ram and other bits and pieces a couple of days ago, aware that the board is pre-order. To my surprise got a notification that the order is being despatched, and indeed DPD confirms that it has my ordered. I assumed this was a partial delivery, but OC have confirmed this is the complete order.

Not that I'm complaining, far from it, extremely happy, Just wondering how I've managed to get an in-stock X570 Tomahawk ?

Associate
Ordered X570 Tomahawk, some ram and other bits and pieces a couple of days ago, aware that the board is pre-order. To my surprise got a notification that the order is being despatched, and indeed DPD confirms that it has my ordered. I assumed this was a partial delivery, but OC have confirmed this is the complete order.

Not that I'm complaining, far from it, extremely happy, Just wondering how I've managed to get an in-stock X570 Tomahawk ?

My guess is they have managed to get a hold of a few. My Order is still stuck in Limbo but then that's because there's a Monitor that's also on pre-order on there so its not the only thing i'm waiting on. On the one side, its galling to think my PC could have been on its way to me, but on the other i just saved £40 because the cooler i originally wanted came back into stock. (Maybe they got a restock of a few things?)

Associate
Don't know how they organise it but I pre-ordered one day last week it and it dispatched the next morning.

That's said I'm having some issues with the build so maybe that's karma for queue-jumping..

Associate
Ordered on Monday, arrived today, I was worried that given it's pre-order, that I'd been sent one that had been returned, but it looks new to me. I have a few things ordered from elsewhere that I had deliberately just used the cheapest delivery option on the expectation that the MB would be the thing holding me back. Processor should arrive tomorrow, but the PSU hasn't despatched yet....grrrrr !

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Hi guys,
I managed to get my hands on a little bit of extra stock last week which is where some of your shipments came from. There are a few pre-orders "in limbo" as Gav eloquently put it due to stock issues on other items. If your order is amongst these and you don't need the out of stock items to finish your build/upgrade then I'd recommend speaking to our customer service guys to split the order.

I've been given some good news and my direct factory order is due to be shipped a little over a week early so they should be here within two weeks. I'd like to get all pre-orders cleared off before that batch sells out.

Associate
Hi guys,
I managed to get my hands on a little bit of extra stock last week which is where some of your shipments came from. There are a few pre-orders "in limbo" as Gav eloquently put it due to stock issues on other items. If your order is amongst these and you don't need the out of stock items to finish your build/upgrade then I'd recommend speaking to our customer service guys to split the order.

I've been given some good news and my direct factory order is due to be shipped a little over a week early so they should be here within two weeks. I'd like to get all pre-orders cleared off before that batch sells out.

Yea as I mentioned, I'm fully aware mine is delayed due to the Monitor i bundled in with the order. It's the Samsung Odyssey which I dont think is due for another couple of Weeks.

Worth order splitting you think?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
It might be. Or you could wait until then boards show in stock (we shouldn't sell out overnight this time) and see what the stock situation is on the monitor at that time. As long as you are aware of the situation then all is good,

Back
Top Bottom