Multiple Star Trek shows in the Making

Soldato
I think television trends have worked against Star Trek a little. It's episodic nature of a band of good guys merrily wending their way has been overtaken. Certainly HBO and the like with their very strongly driven story arcs and production values make the largely static Star Trek Universe look tired. I know there was the Dominion war which was bold but Voyager and Enterprise were mostly episodic with limited persistent impact (and I really like Enterprise btw). I haven't watched Discovery (no Netflix) but it does sound that despite whatever continuity failings it may or may not have it's also trying to change the series structure to update it, but that's not necessarily very Trek.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Remake "Space, Above and Beyond" you mean?

Ha, thought it seemed familiar!

Wow was gonna say its been done before but could not remember the name, props to punk for recalling that show god we must be old though.

I remember the cliff hanger on that show where they all seemed to just die and then hoping they do come back with another series and nope lol

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I think the news is fud to be honest and none of the projects will take off since trek has gone stale again (last 2 films not as successful despite being good)
the only thing that probably does happen is the animated show.

They have already done all those ideas mentioned in those links in the 1 million tv episodes and films already so I really hope they don't go that way.

Seanoog mentioned a temporal directive show which I felt has always made sense, I would love to see a ship traveling time periods and correcting events or
disasters, section 31 is also fantastic but perhaps both ideas are only part of the bigger story.

I also like these ideas:

25th Century trek series set in normal trek time line ie after picard, voyager, ds9 24th century
reboot of TNG

Either way not expecting any other trek shows !

Soldato
Wow was gonna say its been done before but could not remember the name, props to punk for recalling that show god we must be old though.

I remember the cliff hanger on that show where they all seemed to just die and then hoping they do come back with another series and nope lol

It got cancelled, but there is an interview I've read with the creator somewhere somewhere on the internet where he outlines what was supposed to happen in the next series to finish the story. I think the cliffhanger was that the humans had a final strike, but were then asked for peace and were left deciding if they should use it or not, while the fate of the characters were up in the air.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It got cancelled, but there is an interview I've read with the creator somewhere somewhere on the internet where he outlines what was supposed to happen in the next series to finish the story. I think the cliffhanger was that the humans had a final strike, but were then asked for peace and were left deciding if they should use it or not, while the fate of the characters were up in the air.

thanks some closure after what feels 20 years :)

See someone on google asked if a reboot could be done:
https://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/60onss/space_above_and_beyond_reboot_how_would_it_work/

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Seanoog mentioned a temporal directive show which I felt has always made sense, I would love to see a ship traveling time periods and correcting events or
disasters, section 31 is also fantastic but perhaps both ideas are only part of the bigger story.

There's an entire book series of this exact scenario they could take ideas from - for example: http://www.shastrix.com/books/book.php?id=660

Also, for anyone who wants more classic Trek, but bigger, better, and without the limitations of what's feasible on a TV show, get your teeth into the entire post-nemesis book line! You've got everything from finding out where the Borg came from and the final full on ST universe changing war with them (Destiny Trilogy), you have the fate of Noonien Soong, the formation of the Typhon Pact (a kind of anti-Federation), the Voyager Fleet heading back to the Delta Quadrant, Rikers love boat adventures, and best of all the greatest ship ever The Aventine captained by Ezri Dax :D Plus much much more!

http://www.shastrix.com/books/star-trek-reading-order.php

Soldato
They should just give the fans what they want which I'd imagine is TNG v2 either with riker and his ship or maybe a series based on enterprise f set 40 years after voyager gets back.

It's a real shame the ent e sovereign class never got a series for it as I rather liked the design and it was a shame it was used so little.

SFA series could be interesting if based on sta from TNG show. Dunno if anyone's played the pc game sfa but the game/cutscene show how it could be interesting as a series. Picard could be the lecturer for the lessons/exam finals. They do simulations and missions on the holodeck etc and they probably get put on a proper training ship after a few episodes, the odd emergency might put em to the test etc.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
They are all too old sadly
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/...looks-like-now?utm_term=.icK1r7OVW#.liEQ26q1v

Marina (troi) was very focal in her last trek convention managed to even annoy gates mcfadden (Beverly crusher), I doubt they will be having a get together outside of 'work' or funeral.

(marina ) Troi even said she would have to get paid in the millions to even squeeze back into the uniform again, you could assume the rest of the cast more then likely want the big bucks too, frankly they make way more money going to these conventions and for only a few hours work but its well deserved for them.
But you can tell they are forgetting half the episodes and work they did since it was several life times ago.

Frankly I am surprised none of the TNG cast have hit the coffin but its only a matter of time.

Soldato
About the only way you could make a SFA series would be to basically have a futuristic band of brothers.
Follow them from the academy through to serving on a ship/whatever during some galactic level trouble which can start off as background noise while they're training and then blow up in their faces.

Startrek Troopers?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I think many trek fans wanted a show set way after the TNG time frame and on a new enterprise and yeah definitely think that is the way forward and always has been.

That news about patrick stewart coming back to trek could have been for an trek animation btw it was reported on some media outlets already.

All rumours for now

Associate
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...rts-picard-series-reveals-new-details-1174452

Some new info on the Picard show, seems like some of the events that happened with the 2009 movie also apply here in regards to Romulus.

from what I read from number of place, the new picard series is going to be base roughly 20-25 years after the event of star trek nemesis. the aftermath of the collapse of the romulan star empire will play some part in the new show, how it effect picard and etc. there conflicting reports that the new show will be like tng but at the same time not like tng some different. also note at present this might not be limited run series as should so 10 - 13 episode at 42-45 minute running time, plus option for other seasons.

Soldato
Seemingly Star Trek 4 has been put on the shelf, supposedly wage disputes concerning Chris Pine and Hemsworth.

https://www.space.com/42946-star-trek-4-is-canceled-report.html

Last movie was an utter turd so might be a good thing to not bother for a while.
I really didn't like the Kelvin timeline so I'm glad it's over. Midnight's Edge have done a couple of very good videos about the background to the cancellation. It's far more involved than just the two Chris' wage requests.

Back
Top Bottom