Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

off to Lanzarote in the morning, seriously tempted to take the Mavic with me, wether I'll get a chance to use it or not is another thing but am I allowed to take the batteries?
Yes, you are meant to keep them in a separate container/bag, (Anything, does not need to be a fire proof lipo bag e.t.c.) and put tape over the battery connectors. Keep them in your flight bag and just explain what they are. I think they are quite used to them now.

off to Lanzarote in the morning, seriously tempted to take the Mavic with me, wether I'll get a chance to use it or not is another thing but am I allowed to take the batteries?

I would make yourself familiar with the Spanish Drone laws as they are a lot stricter than the UK rules. For a start you are not allowed to fly inside controlled airspace at all, this would rule out any flights inside the Lanzarote CTR which covers a fair chunk of the island..

http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite...goBlobs&blobwhere=1237569972003&ssbinary=true

Random tip. Careful with black sand beaches, as the sand is magnetic and will stick to your motors like iron filings. Gunking them up to ceasing point even and a right pita to clean.

It's been close to 4 weeks since I last flew my mavic, weather hasn't been great but this weekend it's been very nice.

So was planning to take it out for a flight but battery is pretty much dead so had to charge it up. Then wifey decided that we are going to visit the in laws lol. So that's my weekend of flying out the door.

Hopefully if the weather holds out tomo then I'll be off to fly for a bit

As has been mentioned a few times in the thread (as I didn't know) they are smart batteries and will run charge down if not used for 10 days apparently. Need to be planned in advance if you're going to fly :)

took my mavic pro to belguim a few weeks ago for the f1 was planning on sending it up in the evening at the camp site

no2 motor failure and esc failure prevented it from even trying to fly, tried it a few times no luck

got it home and it fired up straight away???

I was nearly sold on the Spark until I realised you don't get the controller unless you but the £699 model, surely the Mavic is the one to go for given this price unless you need the compactness for the spark?

I can't see any downsides to the mavic other than it's a bit more expensive but then you get better controller, battery and video?

I was looking to get the Mavic later this year but wondered whether they'd release a better version - not sure this Platinum version is quite that but now I'm doubting they'll release a Mavic Pro II this year!

I'd defo get the Mavic ahead of a Spark though if you're even remotely interested in using the camera on it for video or decent stills.

I was nearly sold on the Spark until I realised you don't get the controller unless you but the £699 model, surely the Mavic is the one to go for given this price unless you need the compactness for the spark?

I can't see any downsides to the mavic other than it's a bit more expensive but then you get better controller, battery and video?
Even with portability in mind, the Mavic folded up is tiny really, when compared to a phantom for instance

Back
Top Bottom