Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Haven't frequented this thread for the winter as have been doing indoorsy stuff :p

What's the situation with selling multirotor stuff on here, still a no-no? I want rid of my Walkera F210 and Rodeo 150 as they aren't getting any use but abhor eBay and the likes

Don
Sounds a stupid question but is there a way to deactivate the no fly zone on the DJI? Reason I ask is my parents live within around 2 miles of an RAF base that is used for training. They don't fly on the weekend nor do they fly over my parents house. I wanted to get some shots of the house and also to demo the drone to my Dad. I take it there is no way I can get it in the air is there?

Associate
Second time in 3 months I've had to use DJI repair service, firmware update on the Mavic failed and corrupted the 'intelligent' side of the battery, just waiting for an RMA number from them to send it back. Hopefully it'll be a straight swap out, unless they have a rig for re-flashing batteries.

Associate
Could anyone recommend me a new flight controller
This used to be so easy when I built my quad but now there are thousands of options!
Been using the Acro naze rev5
Need one that works with clean flight, mag and baro sensor gps support and at least two uart pins
Big list I know but it's for my dissertation is these are a must! :(
Naze rev6 fits the bill but people have had issue with it and availability seems to be a problem
Need in the next week so uk store too

Also a good uk supplier of branded LiPo's

Caporegime
I've only ever had a CC3D, that has two uarts on it I believe. Flashed to betaflight

As for batteries I use 1300mah Turnigy Graphenes, orderd from Hobby King, seem fine for me. They also do other version such as nano-tech

Last edited:
Soldato
Could anyone recommend me a new flight controller
This used to be so easy when I built my quad but now there are thousands of options!
Been using the Acro naze rev5
Need one that works with clean flight, mag and baro sensor gps support and at least two uart pins
Big list I know but it's for my dissertation is these are a must! :(
Naze rev6 fits the bill but people have had issue with it and availability seems to be a problem
Need in the next week so uk store too

Also a good uk supplier of branded LiPo's

I'd probably buy the new F4 Evo board from Seriously Pro for that.
Lipo wise, just go to hobby king. They'll almost certainly have the size/cell count you want unless it's 6S 5000mah.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Hi guys,

Decided I'm finally get myself into the RC flight hobby.

I'm going to start with a foamie plane first as that's what I fancy but would like to invest in a quad down the line.

So I want to know if the FrSky Tanaris X7 is worth it? I've done my reading and it's seems pretty much what I need to get going with possible scope for mods when they become more popular. I plan to get the transmitter first and do some sim stuff and then start my basic build down the line.

There's talk of EU vs international firmware etc for receiver compatibility. Is this a big issue or can I ignore that? I'll be wanting a receiver that does telemetry that can maybe be swapped to a quad at a later date. I'm not bothered about the battery situation as I'll end up using a LiPo.

It certainly looks like a better alternative to the 9XR Pro with FrSky hacked in that I was looking at last year.

Cheers :)

Associate
I got mine at Christmas and don't regret it. No issue's with firmware but I have only bought the radio and receivers from UK stores. I haven't done anything with the battery and usually fly 10 packs (3min miniquad). Not seen any warnings. Definately worth it for me; especially liked the PID / Rate change scripts. With the the USB interface it makes sims less of a hassle too.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I got mine at Christmas and don't regret it. No issue's with firmware but I have only bought the radio and receivers from UK stores. I haven't done anything with the battery and usually fly 10 packs (3min miniquad). Not seen any warnings. Definately worth it for me; especially liked the PID / Rate change scripts. With the the USB interface it makes sims less of a hassle too.

Thanks man. This is my research has me pretty much settled on the radio now :)

Been toying with getting the Mavic for a while. Must resist.....

Shhh. Aside from the scratch built side of things, I really want a Mavic for my adventures hiking up mountains in the UK. Far too tempting but trying to keep frivolous spending to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom