Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
I am sort of going the other way I use to make scratch built quads out of pc spares & 222 / 32mm plastic pipe years ago 10" props :) and down to 300mm hex multirotors. Just don't have the time for building my own anymore, barely find time to fly once or twice a week.

there also seems to be less uk based sellers for quad parts & arf kits lately most of the ones i use to buy from have gone.

Caporegime
I am sort of going the other way I use to make scratch built quads out of pc spares & 222 / 32mm plastic pipe years ago 10" props :) and down to 300mm hex multirotors. Just don't have the time for building my own anymore, barely find time to fly once or twice a week.

there also seems to be less uk based sellers for quad parts & arf kits lately most of the ones i use to buy from have gone.

Unmannedtech
Hobbyking UK

Caporegime
So,some questions.

I have a switch on my transmitter for arming the quad, when I arm the quad the motors spin - can't remember why I set it like this but do other do that too?

I'm wanting to tune mine a bit more, I see videos and the flights are so smooth they almost float between every movement :p What's the best way of doing this?

Associate
Managed to power loop into the ground tonight.:mad::rolleyes:
TBS Triumph antennas are not indistructable although make for great shock absorbers. Snapped the vtx sma straight of the board!
Now awaiting some cheap foxeer lollipops....?

Associate
unfortunately not as my vifly x150 is too small to fit my hero4 black it seems that it was only made with a session in mind. Hence i have been looking around for a different quad. I might just have to bite the bullet and build one.....

quite like the look of the runcam split 2, would be cheaper than ruining gopro's

Caporegime
unfortunately not as my vifly x150 is too small to fit my hero4 black it seems that it was only made with a session in mind. Hence i have been looking around for a different quad. I might just have to bite the bullet and build one.....

quite like the look of the runcam split 2, would be cheaper than ruining gopro's

I've read varying things about the split, it's something I've contemplated

Associate
I just need to decide on a new platform really as this vifly although it flys brilliant and is very smooth, it always lands on the stack it is only a matter of time before it breaks.

I mainly like to fly smooth longish range style.... i am looking for a platform for this which will carry a GoPro, any recommendations? I have been out of the loop for so long i don't really know what the current latest tech specs are this industry all moves so fast.
I think I still have some quads running naze32 and apm boards.... I might have an Eagle N6 V2 board somewhere ( it was soo bad, the piece of ....)

Associate
So,some questions.

I have a switch on my transmitter for arming the quad, when I arm the quad the motors spin - can't remember why I set it like this but do other do that too?

I'm wanting to tune mine a bit more, I see videos and the flights are so smooth they almost float between every movement :p What's the best way of doing this?
My 3" spins up when I arm, my 5" doesn't. It depends on your settings in betaflight.
there is a MOTOR_STOP option which does what you would expect, or the low point of your throttle is slightly lower than the startup level of your motors.

First drone flight... crashed it!

*slow clap*

Not actually certain what happened... it lost connection when only about 50 meters away then just shot off in a slow downward trajectory... ended up in one of the farm's cattle sheds about 400m away...
And the video is where? :)
It should not lose rx connection for much further than that. If it was video connection, you might have the goggles on not quite the right channel.

Seems a little odd though. I would expect it to be set up with failsafe to make it drop out of the sky, not slowly descend.

Permabanned
My 3" spins up when I arm, my 5" doesn't. It depends on your settings in betaflight.
there is a MOTOR_STOP option which does what you would expect, or the low point of your throttle is slightly lower than the startup level of your motors.

And the video is where? :)
It should not lose rx connection for much further than that. If it was video connection, you might have the goggles on not quite the right channel.

Seems a little odd though. I would expect it to be set up with failsafe to make it drop out of the sky, not slowly descend.

It was the controls that went... video stayed connected til it crashed.

Heard the controller announce it had lost connection and everything went haywire... I thought one of the propellers had fallen off or something... but nope.

Associate
I've read varying things about the split, it's something I've contemplated

I didn't really like mine. FOV captures props a lot dependent on frame. I took it off when I was having other issues which were probably the FC rather than the split. My mate has been through several. The ribbon connector isn't a great design. Video quality was good but sound poor

Back
Top Bottom