MX5 Owners in here....bring your curling tongs

Soldato
jan14201201.jpg

jan14201202.jpg

My MK2.5 Phoenix. The photos are quite old, the paint job needs fixing, and the alloys could now use a refurb.

Associate
is that Hethel LordRobs? I used to work there many many years ago :)

Here is my Mk2.5 1.8 w/ Azure Blue Cloth package. which was an option on US cars in 2004 and consisted of:
Blue cloth trimmed upholstery and door inserts, 16-inch titanium-colored alloy wheels, black leather-wrapped shift knob with silver stitching, all Convenience Package items (only available with Sunlight Silver)

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4599/img1710s.jpg

If the image is larger than 1280 pixels wide then please resize, link only or put in spoiler tags. Thank you.

I am currently ordering various interior and exterior bits (including MSM) to get the project started.

I think its the only 2.5 in the UAE.

Associate
Had my 1.6 NA since the end of August 2011 & been using it as my daily driver ever since. If you exclude a dead battery it's never let me down (mechanically at least). It recently had a mass of bodywork done, both rear quarters were replaced along with sills. Modification wise it's all pretty standard, fitted an MX-5 Parts cat back at the start of the year & an Apexi induction kit. The shocks were rather tired when I bought it so they were all replaced with units from a MK2.5 SVT along with new ARB links. Ideally I want to keep it as close to as Mazda intended as possible and my only other plans are to get a nice set of white Enkie 5 spokes (see Vigoro's post) along with a style bar for a little bit of bling.

Probably my favourite shot:

MX-5 by Pete19s, on Flickr

More:

Mazda MX-5 by Pete19s, on Flickr

MX-5 Cockpit by Pete19s, on Flickr

MX-5 by Pete19s, on Flickr

MX-5 NS by Pete19s, on Flickr

Man of Honour
new one, mk3.5 2L sport tech coupe, stock:
uivlr.jpg

and the old one, mk2 1.8L Jasper Conran Platinum edition, a few minor mods like braces and wheels but sold off a good while back :(
mx5-1.jpg

Might have to swap the current one in for a mk1 (and an estate) at some point, but probably not till I've got a garage...

Last edited:
Associate
Pilot Exalto PE2 I think is the ultimate answer for premium tyres on 15" wheels for MX5's, thoughts before I pull the trigger? I am a little concerned they are so old, coming out OEM on the Clio 182.

Back
Top Bottom