My 200mph budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
well whats left, ill have to get another intercooler, rad and lights.

will need new wheels as the chassis is wider, probably 10in wide on the front and 12inch wide on the rear

ive got an old bonnet and bumper in my back garden so ill use those for a while until i have the funds in the future to change them, but i was gonna run them anyway on the top speed run so ill just leave them on till then.

on a positive note, the car will now only way around 980-1000kg which will make it a lot faster than before :)

Soldato
Ah rubbish, glad you're ok, What caused the accident out of interest? Sounds like you went into the back of something if your rad, intercooler etc need replacing.

Associate
OP
Awwww shame about the crash, glad you're OK though.

Been looking forward to seeing the monster £10k 200mpg wagon!

£15k budget perhaps? :D
probably 15k is doable, its gonna cost about 5k to get the shell up to spec that i want so we will see.

im gonna fit a lot of new parts to the shell as its cheaper than ripping old parts off the shell.

ie no abs, just a pedal box setup, make up a new loom instead of stripping down the original which will take forever

2mpg, 200mph :p

3000cc in 30secs, traveling 1.6miles.......so 2.4mpg actually

*Cough*Still in budget?*cough*

ermm maybe one or two pennies over, just dont tell the girlfriend!

Woa, so the red one is wrecked? Oh no!

Glad someone asked the battery question. Was also going to ask about how the budget was holding out, but looks like the project just took on another level :D

the red ones chassis rail looks like a stepped on banana, the strut top has actually moved back 10mm!

hopefully gonna get paid out by insurance soon so will see how much i have to play with, that will decide on how far the project will go
Matt82 said:
is the new lid wide arch?

yes, 60mm wider per side, you 12cm wider at the rear overall and the front will be 5cm wider overall

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i did write up a much longer post(took me an hour) but as i was about to click post my laptop blue screened so im afraid this post will be a lot shorter

i havent updated this thread in a while because i have been waiting on doors to be made as im trying to get the car to 9xxkg

there will be a big update when the car comes back from paint but as of this second everyone will have to be patient, im hoping for it to be going to paint within the next couple of weeks as the holidays have slowed it down slightly.

but trust me when i say it will be worth it, this thing is gonna be an absolute monster, maybe ill be having a play with you scooby when its done.

ive worked out the cost and ill be able to go from 400bhp to 700bhp for about £1300 so that will be the goal once its back and ive put a few miles on the chassis.....plus ive got a date with 200mph, watched worlds fastest indian last night to keep me motivated.

but for reference ill let you know what ive done while ive been twiddling my thumbs

bought some bits and bobs

uprated pillowball bushes

IMG_1176.JPG

billet manual steering rack.
only weighs 5kg, so will save me 8.5kg over stock system
the manual rack was to speed up the travel, so instead of 3 turns lock to lock the manual rack is 2.25 turns

Steering%20Rack-Not%20fitted.jpg

Steering%20Rack-Fitted%2002.jpg

Front anti-roll bar kit with wide mounts
should keep it cornering nice and flat and i can adjust them to the type of track im on...maybe stiffer for track and softer for road
IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

Pedal box with adjustable bias
moved the accelarator slightly closer to the brake for better heal toe, but to be fair with size 13 feet i dont think its gonna make that much difference
PedalBoxInside02.JPG

resevoirs
ResevoirsBlanking.JPG

full kit minus lines
Kit01.JPG

Tailgate inc lexan rear screen, should save me close to 15kg over stock
DSCN0116.JPG

GRP Dash
since im not running any heaters, i wont need any vents and bits behind the dash so this simplifys everything and makes it neater.
DSCN0132.JPG

DSCN0133.JPG

GRP doors, these are the things that took months to get and held everything up, but then ill be saving 20kg a side with these, so having them means theres no weight penalty for my beefy cage.
they actually have carbon inserts in the window frame to stop them flexing at high speed.
DSCN0106.JPG

GRP bonnet, this is currently unfinished as you can see in the pic, we are going to be opening up the centre vent much larger but we are waiting until the radiator is in to work out ducting size before cutting
IMG_0662.JPG

also you can see my chin spoiler which should provide some downforce and my modified front bumper, ive opened the oil cooler holes up into where the indicators are because im going to be running a massive single oil cooler instead of 2 small ones.

big single oil cooler
June%2708%20519.jpg

powerflex bushes throughout, should keep everything nice and stiff
GWR-902-600.jpg

new radiator and rad after the last set ended up with a few dents
p26021008040001.jpg

p23031021140001.jpg

that will have to keep you guys going for a while as with me being 150miles from the car i cant get loads of pics of updates everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom