My 200mph budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Amazing work! I'd be afraid to drive it after all the time/effort/money put into this car. My hat's off to you for undertaking such an amazing project. What do you plan to do with it once it's completed? Any race series that take your fancy?

Associate
OP
well someone needs to drive it so it may aswell be me, ill be running it on a few trackdays before i go racing so i can get some testing done and get the car and myself dialled in, then when i look at the laptimes i can see what i can be compeitive in.

Im thinking maybe something like britcar, but more likely eurosaloons as they seem to cater for pretty much anything and ill like racing with all types of stuff.

oh yeh, forgot this, for the rest of the year ill be running on the stock turbos as that way i can really push the chassis setup while not adding to many new things into the mix at once.

with that in mind i bought a very rare downpipe from a company called knightsports, theses are normally £800 new but i found a second hand one for £100 because he didnt know what it was, this will allow lower backpressure which in turn cuts down on exhaust gas recirculating into the combustion stroke which helps against detonation and in turn more power. This will help my turbos last longer while on track.

the stock downpipe is single 2.5inch pipe, each pipe on this one is 2.2inch
301215_10150294935341657_643856656_8309978_1861650_n.jpg

400bhp+ and 1000kg should be enough to get the chassis setup then i can sort out big power, dont want to run before i can walk as such.

Associate
OP
Love this build!

thanks, ill update it whenever there is something to show

You still aiming for 200mph?

Or has this shifted more onto a race car now?

Looks cool either way. :cool:

oh yes, theres no way ill not be doing my 200mph run, i suppose you could at least say im going to be safe with all the cage in there.

Plus it will actually be easier to fit the figure i require because of the reduced weight, this in turn means better accelaration so ill be able to hit 150mph within a shorter distance(the aim for that is 1/3 mile) so will have more room for the 150-200mph hence either hitting the speed with more room to brake or potentially pushing past 200mph, only 2-3mph at most though.

the plan is to spend xmas and early next year getting back used to the car and iron all the bugs out, then when i feel i can get the best out of the car ill put the big single on.

the good thing about running the big single is i can turn the boost right down and still make plenty of power for racing, this will give the engine more reliability instead of cramming as much boost as i can in with smaller turbos.

This is immense, I love RX7's.

thanks, ive come along way since working as one of the telesales guys at OCUK when you were all at fenton..

on the racecar/top speed car thing im trying to combine ideas and concepts that will work in both worlds, for example because im running a 'flat boot' ie theres no spare wheelwell, this allows for a massive diffuser, this inturn gives downforce and less drag at high speed, this is my design, being made out of thin ali so its pretty cheap and effective.

185361_10150273669826657_643856656_8112979_3435372_n.jpg

red is fuel tank
dark orange is the chassis/boot floor
light orange is the bumper
black is the subframe
dark grey is exhaust
light grey is diffuser

Im planning on it sticking past the diffuser about 3-4inches past the rear bumper to help with seperation.

and yes its a very basic blown diffuser, just call me lee 'newey' connor(it wont actually produce downforce on throttle before anyone comments)

Not sure if i also mentioned my digital dash and my CDI ignition system arrived earlier on this week, dont have pics of them since they are at the workshop but these are stock images so you know what they look like.

arc-2.jpg

DD2-LITE_Brief.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Rotarys love there oil coolers, RX8 has two standard so when you start pushing things you just need to go bigger.

Could you not run two coolers instead of one big one, and definitly fit some mesh in front to protect them from stones.

Associate
OP
yes i could, the car came from factory with an oil cooler each side, but im trying to avoid that because of pressure drop and also when on a single turbo ill put the airfilter on the drivers side where the stock cooler used to be so it gets fresh air

Soldato
For all of you that are interested, i'm afraid to say that this project will never ever happen. It seems turbo ****** has been a lying little **** bag ripping people off selling the same car parts twice and neither buyer ever receiving them. He has a large hate base on FDUK who generally think he's full of **** and a lying little scrote. He's been given countless chances to explain his actions and his answer is "I couldn't be bothered" Sums him up nicely IMO

He also owes an RX-7 tuner a large sum of money.

Taken from MRC

Its been a while since i posted on here, generally because i dont have an rx7 anymore so im never going to speak or meet any of you guys again, even if some of you are nice enough blokes.

Anyway ive tried to forget about everything as it was making me feel ill with the pressure of it all but every so often i do get reminded of it.

You might be wondering why i never defended myself when all the accusations started, being honest its because i couldnt be bothered with it all.

Friends told me to explain everything, to stop jon doing to other people what he did to me, but i was happier walking away and clearing my thoughts of it all.

This isnt going to be a debate of it, and im not coming back on to have an arguement with anyone, read what i put, make your own judgement whether you believe me or none of my concern.

this is an email i responded to from a member on here

'Hey Keith,

what would you like to know, apart from never believe anything he tells you unless you have it in writing before going ahead.

Personally i wouldnt touch him with a bargepole, yes maybe to go down there and buy a part from him, but never have any work done by him unless you want to end up like i did.

For reference, I told him an amount to work to, to build me a car.....the price was agreed, infront of 3 independant witnesses, never recieved an invoice for 9months after asking nearly every week for one.

Then get an invoice for 150% time the amount agreed with the vehicle only half built, asking for the budget to be raised to 230% of the original quote to finish the vehicle, at which point i declined as i would be unable to pay that amount, especially when he was aware i would be unable to.

I even told him before we agreed the build that if he tried to do this, i would not pay him.

He has also done this to someone else in the past (a blue shell) where he sent the customer a bill for 20k without authorisation and the customer told him to stuff it......hence he didnt learn his lesson from that.

with me, budget was £10k, while he was building I gave him £6.5k........he then tried to bill me for £15k for a half built car, telling me it would now be £23k to finish the vehicle.

Thats the gist of it to be fair, so ive lost £6.5k and my pride and joy and learned my lesson very hard.

Hes trying to take me to court to get the rest, which you can imagine will get laughed at.

Also tried to intimidate my employer into giving out sensitive information and generally threating me to try and get me sacked from my job(my boss listened to the call as we were on speakerphone so backs me 100%)

Unfortuately people on forums dont see the real side of things and generally turn it into a witchhunt on me.

Like the manifold for one of the members, sent it out in the post, it got lost, paypal gave him his money back, so i lost a manifold and payment, so in my opinion that was case closed(i lost out but no point chasing post office as i only sent it through the cheap service) but apparantly im the devil'

That pretty much somes it up, ill put my flame suit on and go watch a few movies.

And the Tuners (Atomic Rex) Response

Reply received from Jon aka Atomicrex:

Lee you approached me to help you with your idea of breaking the 200mph mark, and all for under £10k. I expressed at the time that I thought it was inconceivable, but you were adamant that you would give it a go. You came down initially for a number of small items such as seats, and even by your own admission we bent over backwards to accommodate you.

Shortly after that you had a pretty major accident in your car. I arranged to have the car picked up, assess the vehicle and help with the insurance claim. This is where the lying started, you tried to convince us and the insurance company you had only been doing 30mph at the time you lost the car on a roundabout, yet you managed to clear the roundabout, drive through a hedge and hit a Mercedes ML doing some serious damage to boot. We fought hand and tooth for you, as the initial payout was looking to be like £2k, before excesses, this was then further hampered by you not declaring a previous conviction for what I believe to be dangerous driving. Eventually having spent countless hours for you on the phone to assessors and insurance brokers we secured you a favourable payout.

You asked us to transfer the useable components from the salvage over to a shell we had in the workshop. And then you had wild ideas of how you could transform the car into some Time-Attack beast. You wanted GRP bodywork: Doors, boot, bonnet, wings, skirts and dash. Pedal box, custom aluminium fuel cell, complete bush kit, customer ARB, wiring harness, Digi dash, cdi unit.

These parts alone, came to over £10k as you were more than aware of, and that is before we started to clean up, paint and transfer over the parts onto the new shell. Fit the bodywork etc etc.

I tried to help you, but your arrogance gets the better of you! You told me you were in a dead end job earning approx £12k pa, so seeing as I was looking for an apprentice I offered you a trial to come down and work for us. The mistakes you made were catastrophic! So much so I couldn’t pursue that idea any further! You managed to upset both of my mechanics with your know-it-all attitude, not to mention you arguing with a rep from Borg Warner turbos about why they didn’t import the competition turbos.....that wasn’t at all embarrassing!

I still tried to bend over backwards for you, helping you spread the payments and fitting the rubbish you had bought from eBay. I then asked you to pay some money towards the bill, and you started creating excuses. Then you turn to Trading Standards, and so I present all of the email correspondence with all your requests, and they take the action no further. I gave you 2 months to pay up and remove the car, or face storage charges and interest on the balance outstanding. You then, rather than pay your bill, go and buy a BMW M5 and are now fitting a turbo kit.

You say that I am now trying to take you to court? I think you are mixing up your tenses! I have successfully taken you to court, and you now have a CCJ against you! If you felt that I had wronged you in anyway then surely you should have come to court and defended your position, surely that is an admission of guilt? But instead, it is very easy to come on here and put one side of a story up, but it is another one to lie to a judge when the evidence is staring you straight in the face! You have only lost the value of your car, which was scrap! I was the one that managed to secure the payout, you would have been left with about £1500.

So I do think you’ve been given a valuable lesson, but unfortunately I believe your arrogance won’t allow you to learn from it. As for the blue car, try getting your facts straight before quoting rubbish!

You speak of a witch hunt, you’ve had plenty of opportunities to defend yourself, and you chose not to. You did sell the same item to two different people, and thankfully for them they were covered by PayPal, I unfortunately wasn’t so lucky.

If anyone wants to see the bill, I am happy to send it on, just to prove that I’m not ripping anyone off.

Associate
OP
For all of you that are interested, i'm afraid to say that this project will never ever happen. It seems turbo ****** has been a lying little **** bag ripping people off selling the same car parts twice and neither buyer ever receiving them. He has a large hate base on FDUK who generally think he's full of **** and a lying little scrote. He's been given countless chances to explain his actions and his answer is "I couldn't be bothered" Sums him up nicely IMO

He also owes an RX-7 tuner a large sum of money.

wow, you really seemed to know what went on didnt you.

The facts are, i gave him a budget of 10k to work to, he did not do so, thats his fault not mine.

if you came to me and said you have 10k to build a vehicle, i agreed then after we are 50% through you come back and say it will now cost 23k to build, what would your answer be..........yeh sure thats fine ill get my cheque book out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom