My 200mph budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
this forum is really going over the top.. i mean wtf? its his business how he pays for the damn thing its his life.. mind your of "frocking" business..

have to agree

only on OcUK could a thread about building a 200mph RX7 turn into a debate as to whether you can eat properly only spending £30 a week on food.

Its beyond stupid and only happens here. We're very similar to pistonheads in that we're not a one make forum, we dont tolerate people who use text speak, and that we dont suffer liars gladly.

But this kind of prying into peoples private lives in every thread just doesnt hapen anywhere else. And im afraid to say the chief inquisitor is fox, with his obsession for sensibility. Why is he asking so many questions ? because he's far too sensibile to blow all his money to build an RX7 that goes to 200mph to the detriment of everything else. Fox is far too sensible and could never do something so compulsive and irrational.

Man of Honour
But this kind of prying into peoples private lives in every thread just doesnt hapen anywhere else. And im afraid to say the chief inquisitor is fox, with his obsession for sensibility. Why is he asking so many questions ?

I've not asked the OP a single question about his finances, actually? Maybe you can find where I did.

The only comment I made directly about the OP's finances was that I didn't understand it - which was my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I posted a single sentance directly about the OP.

I'm glad you are 'afraid to say', because we should all be afraid of telling lies. This is how crap like 'You only ever recommend a BMW' becomes OcUK folklore. Somebody like you comes along, makes up a load of rubbish and because its about me half the forum is only too pleased to take it as gospel truth.

Not that this will make any difference, as people will be queing up to agree with you without even checking what my input actually was. The majority of my posts in this thread have been nothing to do with the OP himself and instead addressed at the people who come riding in on white horses every time people ask questions they dont feel should be asked.

I've even made numerous attempts to agree to disagree yet still the posts keep coming - so quite how you can have the audacity to blame me I've no idea.

Last edited:
Caporegime
[TW]Fox;15808787 said:
The only comment I made directly about the OP's finances was that I didn't understand it - which was my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

you dont have to understand it. He's doing something very irrational and very definately daft.

But to hell with it, if your going to blow all your money on something, what better way to do it on building a car that can do a 200mph standing mile. Better that than most peoples vice's like drink drugs or fags etc..

You can tell by the photos he's serious. Its not like he's lieing and become another stig dreaming about a C200 project car and dating people that he's seen on photos from the internet. So thers no need to go all inquisitor on him.

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

Man of Honour
Can you go back, read my post again, and address the other things I said please?

I want to know why you think I'm asking the OP 'so many questions' when in reality I've not asked him a single question at all. I also want to know why you think I am 'cheif inquistor' when again, I've asked him nothing about his personal life. All that really happened is that MORBA made a couple of posts and the OP chose to give Morba quite a lot of detail about his personal circumstances, and then the 'Accuse everyone of everything' brigade pitched up to defend his honour.

Quite how its now all my fault I don't know, I didn't even get properly involved in this debate until after we'd had a couple of green eyed monster replies.

I'd like you to clarify this before the usual suspects arrive and once again OcUK folklore is re-written.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll be fair to you ,it wasnt you who started the questions about his finances. That was morba

Just as per usual, your the most vocal in the oppinion that we should debate this stuff :p

Man of Honour
I'll be fair to you ,it wasnt you who started the questions about his finances. That was morba

Thank you.

Just as per usual, your the most vocal in the oppinion that we should debate this stuff :p

'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it'.

The forum works best when, within the scope of the rules, we are able to discuss and debate any information a poster choses to make available to us. Overall control remains with the thread starter in each case - as he is the one who controls the flow of information.

Man of Honour
turbotoaster, how about making a blogspot website so people can follow your project properly? That way you can avoid all this.

All this being about 3 posts which he cleared up himself, then a 30 post 'fling' after the freedom fighters charged in, you mean?

Had the 'omg green eyed' brigade just.. gone and done some washing or something instead we'd probably have been back on the subject of the RX7 long ago. I know as far as I'm concerned all my care about his finances was summed up using a single sentance and I felt no need to say any more.

Between him being asked and the OMG WHY DO YOU CARE OMG YOU ARE JEALOUS OMG squad turning up, there were actually just 5 posts -1 of which was the OP, 2 of which were Morba, 1 was me just saying I didn't understand it and one was Dup saying how he admired it or something.

But the 'I will take offence on your behalf' clan arrived and well, the rest is history..

The OP clearly isn't bothered - so why is everyone else?

If anything I think I have more respect for him after he revealed his costs than before. Before it didn't really interest me, yea great a fast RX7, get the chequebook out and anything is possible. But now he's posted those figures its quite clear there is real passion here. I now actually care if hits 200mph.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say, I'd be inclined to fit a nitrous system, a progressive one - just to be safe. You could run a relatively gentle 75-150bhp shot that ramps up, for use in top gear when you're at speed - to really help you hammer down and get past that limit, as you may find yourself really fighting aerodynamics and struggling to pull the gearing needed to get up to speed - especially in such a short distance.

You could scrape together a progressive controller, bottle, set of solenoids and what little else you'd need for a few hundred quid - and it'd be good insurance, as it could prevent disappointment on the day - but either way, whatever speed you achieve will be a great milestone.

Not that I have anything against all-motor attempts, but it's nice to have a little bit of throttle in a bottle if you need it.

Best of luck! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you all stop now before you completely ruin a perfectly interesting thread? I don't give a flying **** about whatever crap you're bickering about, I want to read about the 200mph car, plskthx.

Associate
Can you all stop now before you completely ruin a perfectly interesting thread? I don't give a flying **** about whatever crap you're bickering about, I want to read about the 200mph car, plskthx.

shauncr91 said:
turbotoaster, how about making a blogspot website so people can follow your project properly? That way you can avoid all this.
Absolutely. Thread after thread on this forum ruined by people with an obsessive compulsive reply disorder. The lack of humiliity renders it one step above your average 'discussion' in a youtube comment section. Don't you look and wonder why you are making a disproportionate contribution to somebody else's thread?

And to any visiting readers. Hi and welcome to OcUK. Yes, unfortunately it generally is like this.

Man of Honour
The irony is that no matter how many times we keep trying to draw a line under it and go back to the topic, somebody else like ncjok comes along and adds a bit more petrol to that dwindling fire.

So lets try again.

SO, BACK TO THE CAR!

Caporegime
I have to say, I'd be inclined to fit a nitrous system, a progressive one - just to be safe. You could run a relatively gentle 75-150bhp shot that ramps up, for use in top gear when you're at speed - to really help you hammer down and get past that limit, as you may find yourself really fighting aerodynamics and struggling to pull the gearing needed to get up to speed - especially in such a short distance.

would prevent a back to the future style moment. 85... 86... 87.. RUNNING OUT OF ROAD !!!

etc... :D if your not quite there in the last 1/4 mile or so then give it a couple of shots of nitrous to get you up there.

Soldato
I love the ambition in this project, can't wait to see it done.

Are you going to be taking it on track or anything after you've done your 200 run?

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;15808892 said:
All this being about 3 posts which he cleared up himself, then a 30 post 'fling' after the freedom fighters charged in, you mean?

Had the 'omg green eyed' brigade just.. gone and done some washing or something instead we'd probably have been back on the subject of the RX7 long ago. I know as far as I'm concerned all my care about his finances was summed up using a single sentance and I felt no need to say any more.

Between him being asked and the OMG WHY DO YOU CARE OMG YOU ARE JEALOUS OMG squad turning up, there were actually just 5 posts -1 of which was the OP, 2 of which were Morba, 1 was me just saying I didn't understand it and one was Dup saying how he admired it or something.

But the 'I will take offence on your behalf' clan arrived and well, the rest is history..

The OP clearly isn't bothered - so why is everyone else?

If anything I think I have more respect for him after he revealed his costs than before. Before it didn't really interest me, yea great a fast RX7, get the chequebook out and anything is possible. But now he's posted those figures its quite clear there is real passion here. I now actually care if hits 200mph.

bloody hell, i come back and seems to be a lot of fun on here.

theres a famous new zealand man called burt munro, he was only really known through the bonnieville world for his passion and 'thinking outside the box' about 7years ago i bought a book on him and read it cover to cover about 5 times, its almost like i could see myself in 40yrs staring back at me in them pages, when people ask me why i want to do this, or why dont i think traveling at 70mph is enough to for anyone, i tell them to watch the movie(doubt anyone would read the book just to find out)....for reference in the movie, when he was going for his top speed i was yelling at the screen like a 5yr old willing him on haha

Im glad fox that you support me on this, like i say, yeh id like to earn more money so i could do this faster but i have to work to my budget, i dont own a credit card anymore or owe anybody a penny, so that everything i do will be mine no matter what the future.

Also i never have plans to sell this car as i love driving it, but if i did, im sure i wouldnt struggle to get 10k for a car that does 200mph, is mint on the outside and underneath, so it will have been a free exercise.

You could scrape together a progressive controller, bottle, set of solenoids and what little else you'd need for a few hundred quid - and it'd be good insurance, as it could prevent disappointment on the day - but either way, whatever speed you achieve will be a great milestone.

Not that I have anything against all-motor attempts, but it's nice to have a little bit of throttle in a bottle if you need it.

Best of luck! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Anyway out of all that i find one question on the car so ill start there.

Lashout......well to be fair ive never put nitrous into my equation because its another system that can cause problems or fail, nitrous isnt the greatest of forgiver if you do something wrong, now if this was a piston engined car then it would be my first port of car, but rotarys are a very delicate engine, massive power if you get it right, blow up if you get any of the tuning slightly off.

havent got time to mess about with twitter to be fair, i cant imagine people would actively hunt me down to watch the build when its full of z list celebrities telling the world what they had for breakfast that day

I love the ambition in this project, can't wait to see it done.

Are you going to be taking it on track or anything after you've done your 200 run?

ill turn the boost down, run it on pump fuel at 500-550bhp which should be enough for a 1200kg car, i might take it on a couple of track days, cant really afford to go drag racing as id need new diff, axles and gearbox though

Last edited:
Soldato
bloody hell, i come back and seems to be a lot of fun on here.

theres a famous new zealand man called burt munro, he was only really known through the bonnieville world for his passion and 'thinking outside the box' about 7years ago i bought a book on him and read it cover to cover about 5 times, its almost like i could see myself in 40yrs staring back at me in them pages, when people ask me why i want to do this, or why dont i think traveling at 70mph is enough to for anyone, i tell them to watch the movie(doubt anyone would read the book just to find out)....for reference in the movie, when he was going for his top speed i was yelling at the screen like a 5yr old willing him on haha

That most exellent movie is called "Worlds Fastest Indian" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/ Sir Anthony Hopkins does an awesome job with it right down to his Invercargill accent.

ill turn the boost down, run it on pump fuel at 500-550bhp which should be enough for a 1200kg car, i might take it on a couple of track days, cant really afford to go drag racing as id need new diff, axles and gearbox though

Not knowing a huge amount about cars I might be way off, but will you be looking to tune it to run on Av-Gas or Bio Fuel for the few extra horses it can give?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom