my 4 motion r32 golf hybrid with added boost ;)

Associate
OP
And the thread gets derailed as per......

Love it sounds awesome, bet its bloody scary.

its actually a doddle to drive because of the way a centrifugal supercharger works. the power increases extremely smoothly you get no big thump like most turbos it just keeps pulling harder and harder the more revs you give it + with it being 3.2l you just stick it in 6th gear at 25 mph+ and waft round anyway

Associate
OP
Thumbs up for not destroying the car with awful suspension mods/stance etc.

nice completely ignorant and totally wrong comment :)
the suspension is kw v3 which is adjustable for height, bound and rebound
the ride hide is 10mm lower than stock so hardly stupid.

the front is fairly soft and the rear is harder (to reduce understeer/increase oversteer)
i have arbs front and rear again front is softer than rear for the same reason as above

i dont expect you to believe this but il say it anyway the handling is a lot sharper than a stock r32. turn in is much better mid corner traction is better and corner exit is much better thanks to the suspension and the torque biasing diff in the front (i want the rear diff as well but cant afford yet)

nearly solid engine mounts and poly bushes all round make the car VERY direct to drive ie it responds to your inputs quickly and accurately.
iv had the esp completely disabled from the ecu so the car does exactly what i tell it to do :)

Associate
OP
Nice car. But is it a genuine 450 bhp? How much boost are you running..? Who mapped it.?

Thanks.

in that video it was down on boost only making about 10 psi best guess on power was approx 400 but thats a guess

got my boost back its 1 bar pulley but it doesnt see much more than 12 psi because it flows well
it made 447 hp and 399 lb ft last week

Associate
OP
Oh my God, just watched the dyno runs in your first post and they made my spine tingle.

What a noise, and fire! :D :D

Kudos, never thought I'd say this but... nice Golf.

thanks mate its a fantastic sound track to drive with

im aware its an emissions test, but that thing sounds like its a straight pipe from the turbo to the taipipe lol !

not a turbo fella turbos sit in the exhaust and muffle the noise. superchargers are purely on the intake side and add noise :)
big bore 6 branch manifold then big bore decat then 3" from there back with a big silencer in it makes a lot of noise at full chat :)

Sounds mental :D

Do you work at psi tuning?

no but im down there a lot lol

this golf has the same spec as me and the video was taken from a v8 m5!

Caporegime
nice completely ignorant and totally wrong comment :)
the suspension is kw v3 which is adjustable for height, bound and rebound
the ride hide is 10mm lower than stock so hardly stupid.

the front is fairly soft and the rear is harder (to reduce understeer/increase oversteer)
i have arbs front and rear again front is softer than rear for the same reason as above

i dont expect you to believe this but il say it anyway the handling is a lot sharper than a stock r32. turn in is much better mid corner traction is better and corner exit is much better thanks to the suspension and the torque biasing diff in the front (i want the rear diff as well but cant afford yet)

nearly solid engine mounts and poly bushes all round make the car VERY direct to drive ie it responds to your inputs quickly and accurately.
iv had the esp completely disabled from the ecu so the car does exactly what i tell it to do :)

I think you misread his post - he was commenting positively on the fact you've not slammed it on airbags with 10" wide wheels and stretched tyres :p

Associate
OP
I think you misread his post - he was commenting positively on the fact you've not slammed it on airbags with 10" wide wheels and stretched tyres :p

oh ****** i missed out 1 very important word. NOT lol :p
sorry got wrong end of the stick :D

everything iv done to the car is for practical reasons ie make it go stop and turn faster/better the only reason i didnt keep the 4 motion front bumper is the ic and pipework nowhere near fitted behind it :p (the r32 bumper does look really good though)
same with the wheels id have the smallest lightest wheels i could get but i need 18s because of the brakes

Back
Top Bottom