my 4 motion r32 golf hybrid with added boost ;)

Caporegime
Unless i've missed something i'm actually confused by this thread, first post states bits to do, "get the intercooled rotrex kit fitted", but then you post videos of the same car with the kit fitted?

iv also got my rotrex kit itl run 15 psi and make 475 hp and 400 lb ft :twisted: il get some pics up later of that

bits to do
get the brakes fitted
get the intercooled rotrex kit fitted with wossner low comp pistons
get the water injection fitted
run it in
go for 12s at santa pod :lol:

got the wheels refurbed and painted now theyr back on the car the problem with a good camera is it shows EVERYTHING lol

Have you got the R32 wheels on it now?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
The videos with it all fitted are another car as stated from what I gather so I can't see anything non genuine about this thread.

Looks bundles of fun, mind.

Associate
How does it run on a dyno with the front wheels only, isn't that a bit dodge incase the 4wd engages?

You pull the fuse on the Haldex system. Makes it a bit quicker to tie the car down as you can use the rear wheels, plus supposedly you don't get the power being transferred about as the computer tries to figure out why the front and rear wheels are turning independently, which in turn is said to give a more accurate power figure on the rollers.

The jury is out on the effect of a high speed run with the Haldex disengaged. Plenty of people object to doing it, but I don't know of anyone actually breaking the mechanism while on the rollers.

Associate
OP
Ah, i was under the impression the videos he posted was of his car.

they are my car i made a mess of the 1st post i copied and pasted it without reading it properly :p
i also got a 2 day ban from the forum for naughty language (think father ted) it suprised me as id expect a warning 1st but hay ho :p

yes iv got r32 wheels on it now the charger brakes etc are all fitted the engines run in im just chasing down the last stupid sensor fault. the water/methanol injection makes a hell of a difference and the rolling road was done without it connected.

i dont see why you cant run the haldex in fwd mode (i did indeed pull the fuse for the rr) its not a mechanical centre diff so theres nothing actually being stressed. im also waiting for a manual haldex controller to arrive from holland when thats in i tell it what % torque split to run anywhere between 0 (fwd) and full 50/50 split permenant if i want.

any other questions/suspicions? :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
can you resize the pictures and rehost them?
i'm interested in the car but i don't want to click a whole bunch of links :p

Soldato
not a fan of the exhaust note bit ott but other than that the car looks pretty sweet. you're brave taking it out in the snow!

Back
Top Bottom