My first project log...

Soldato
OP
Good work fella. Killer system for a 1st time effort. :)

Thanks buddy. You saw how hot just 1 580 3gb got in trine 2 first hand and the noise it made lol. Atleast now I can use SLI on it at 99% per card and not even hit 50C :D

Both gcards are currently idling at a nice and cool 25/28C with a room temp of 22C, so the loops doing its job well :)

Really impressed with it overall. Even though its cost me a small fortune, its money well spent with the sheer performance and noise level of it compared to air cooling. My housemates are really jealous of the noise especially, plus my load temps are lower than their idle temps...

Soldato
OP
Thought I'd post an update seen as the system has been up 2 weeks or so now and the system is fully bled etc! Probably gonna change the position of the res to above the 2 gpus at the side of the case as that will remove the 1 and only kink I have in my tubing, although I still need to make sure it'll actually fit their first lol.

Should have ordered my dust filters far sooner also as I've just fitted some black metal antec ones to the top rad to stop dust from settling inside the case when the power is off, which is sadly what has happened! Gonna have to get some compressed air and give it a good clean already, which is annoying.

Anyway some new pictures using the girlfriends digital camera.

Corsair 800D 240mm rad mod by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

Modded bay for where the 240mm radiator sits. Mike Gunz did most of the mod as I bought the case from him, although I made it dust proof and added some screw holes to secure the rad to the case to avoid vibration and make the case easier to move if necessary.

P1070536 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

Side off with some cables showing still due to having to route a molex from my PSU to my motherboard due to an SLI power problem! Still haven't got round to making it a neater fit yet.

P1070535 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

Case side on and the camera doesn't really do it any justice.

P1070541 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

The custom made GPU blocks from EK which was arranged by RKJoneil + backplates. The performance on them is superb and even though cleeecooo will hate me for it, nickel black acetal was still a good choice :p Look at the dust though already! :(

P1070543 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

The OcUK assembled D5 vario pump + D5 HF top!

P1070542 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

The EK LTX waterblock

P1070529 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

New mouse and keyboard + gaming monitor to go with the system. Corsair K90 mechanical (red switches), logitech G9X mouse and a BenQ XL2420T 120hz monitor.

And finally:

heaven benchmark 2968 by jjohnson2012, on Flickr

OcUK's highest 580GTX SLI heaven score :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks really good, only thing I will say is that some of the tubing looks a bit kinked and that some angled connectors would make things look a lot neater :)

Sadly it is as I only used straight barbs! Gonna relocate the res though which will sort out the 1 and only kink soon.

whats temps are you getting on your gtx580?.

At the overclock, 33 idle/27idle (SLI with dual monitors so 950 and 405 core speeds permanently) and tops out at 53 load/50 load. Loads of headroom left. Thats in a room which has an ambient temp of 25C average.

Back
Top Bottom