My Home Town

Soldato
Yes, although I sometimes wonder how it happened. I left home in Woodbridge, went to university in Salford, returned to Ipswich then Felixstowe, moved to London, emigrated to Conakry, Guinea, kicked around Copenhagen for a few months then returned to Ipswich and have moved houses a few times in the same town since then.

I keep a second place down in Lancing, West Sussex, near to where my son lives but I won't be moving too far again for a while as my parents are now pretty elderly and I'm the only one of the children most likely to be around most of the week. I don't mind too much though - I work in London a fair bit and, whilst Ipswich town centre is pretty poor, we live outside it. Suffolk is a beautiful part of the country.

Soldato
I live around 900 miles away, was in extreme S. IL & now in central NY state... As strange as it sounds, I miss the storms (it is sad what they call storms here), they don't have a clue about good BBQ & the towns don't decorate for Christmas... I am not joking about the storms, someone I know here thought thunder was a earthquake, it wasn't even loud... Here is a cool storm which might give these people in NY state a heart attack...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom