• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
So I recently sent in my MSI Ventus RTX 3080 in for an RMA and was asked in an email if I would like a replacement of an rtx 4070ti which I was pleased about or a refund of only £379.16. so obviously I choose the 4070ti. Only to be emailed back 30 minutes later stating that there was a miscommunication and the only option was a refund. At this point, I'm completely dumbfounded as what to do since there's no way I can get a GPU even remotely as good as the price of £379.16. any advice on what to do?

The RMA is being handled through Overclockers UK.

Will keep you updated.

Conclusion
I've been offered the 4070ti that I was originally offered :D, and OcUK said they are taking steps to ensure similar problems won't happen again.

I wanna thank Gibbo and everyone in this thread who gave their time, input, and voice. As I wouldn't have known what to do otherwise!

Alex J

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. As of now I've submitted another online ticket to talk to someone again, as a refund of £379.16 is just unbelievable. I'll update when I hear back again
Thanks

I thought you had to be offered an equivalent if repair/replace is not available. I don't know the legal standpoint though.
Not anymore, as it's been used for X amount of time, they factor in partial refunds for use.

How much you originally paid from a retailer and how old it is, is relative to their recession calculation.

However the amount offered won't cover even a used 3080.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, glad to know that I wasn't the only one feeling quite discouraged by this. It's a shame as I've had nothing but great experiences with OCUK in the past

Not anymore, as it's been used for X amount of time, they factor in partial refunds for use.

How much you originally paid from a retailer and how old it is, is relative to their recession calculation.

However the amount offered won't cover even a used 3080.
I find that surprising. Warranty RMAs surely are there to protect buyers against faulty products so how long into the warranty surely has no bearing on the RMA?

I know when I RMAd a Corsair nvme via a different company it was a straight forward replacement. They had warned me if they didn't have any of the same an equivalent would be sent but it was replaced by the same drive in the end. It was all very painless.

Is that down to specific MSI policy? I guess it really is worth digging into company policies before choosing cards if that is the case.

Thanks for the replies guys, glad to know that I wasn't the only one feeling quite discouraged by this. It's a shame as I've had nothing but great experiences with OCUK in the past

I'd insist they have the card repaired by MSI if it is their warranty that came with the card regardless of the timescales, rather than accept the insulting offer they gave you for a refund.

I find that surprising. Warranty RMAs surely are there to protect buyers against faulty products so how long into the warranty surely has no bearing on the RMA?

I know when I RMAd a Corsair nvme via a different company it was a straight forward replacement. They had warned me if they didn't have any of the same an equivalent would be sent but it was replaced by the same drive in the end. It was all very painless.

Is that down to specific MSI policy? I guess it really is worth digging into company policies before choosing cards if that is the case.
Some manufacturers are better than others, I  think the partial refund is part of the consumers rights act, but would have to confirm for yourself, but it's in OcUks T n C's that you accept when you make a purchase.

Update on the RMA
Overclockers are unfortunately doubling down on the fact that I can only take a refund they stated below
"Damian (Overclockers UK)

22 Apr 2023, 13:14 CEST

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this,

Yes unfortunately it doesn't look like we have any other 3080s in stock and with them being end of life now we would only be able to process the partial refund on this,"

I have still refused as of now as this feels like a slap in the face unfortunately

Update on the RMA
Overclockers are unfortunately doubling down on the fact that I can only take a refund they stated below

Hi Alex

Yes unfortunately it doesn't look like we have any other 3080s in stock and with them being end of life now we would only be able to process the partial refund on this,"

I have still refused as of now as this feels like a slap in the face unfortunately
They have b grade Asus TUF 3080s in stock.

Not sure why repairing isn't an option.

Update on the RMA

Hi Alex

That's terrible,surely they should be offering a similar range card like a 4070.£379 wouldn't even get you a used 6800

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom