• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that down to specific MSI policy? I guess it really is worth digging into company policies before choosing cards if that is the case.

Nowadays majority of retailers wants credit note and probably OCUK has that in a contract with MSI, unless they don't buy directly from them.

So full refund is usually only within 6 months then 6-12 is 80/75% after 50%

Last edited:
Is this partial refund a new thing?
And how on earth is the depreciation calculated? Especially when used prices are still strong.

I can't believe OCUK are going along with this.

Only a couple of years ago I had an AMD cpu go faulty, bought from the Indian spice shop, walked in with the receipt and they gave me a full refund. Which I then went shopping at OCUK with.

How on earth can they be offering better customer support than OCUK?

Is this partial refund a new thing?
And how on earth is the depreciation calculated? Especially when used prices are still strong.

I can't believe OCUK are going along with this.

Only a couple of years ago I had an AMD cpu go faulty, bought from the Indian spice shop, walked in with the receipt and they gave me a full refund. Which I then went shopping at OCUK with.

How on earth can they be offering better customer support than OCUK?

No it has been going on for years - in the past it wasn't a big deal as tech moved on and the calculated refund would more or less get you something equivalent or better, not so much these days when prices have got crazy generation on generation.

Last edited:
I'd be having a quick chat with citizens advice bureau... they'll be far more familiar with the legal situation etc.... actually seems they have a webpage on it which might be useful:

Personal perspective:
  • Why can't OCUK get in touch with MSI, did they actually try chasing MSI in those 28 days?
  • If MSI can basically save themselves money by forcing a refund by not responding to warranty claims are they going to even bother replying unless chased up.
  • What is the point in the warranty if the RMA isn't able to be fulfilled due to no communication with MSI?... MSI is kind of in breach of their warranty and I'd think a small claims court would find in your favour if they're not even responding but I'm obviously not a lawyer.
  • How are they working out the refund value, last sold price or purchase price?.... it's clearly not based on current market value of a replacement card.
  • The withdrawal of the 4070ti is pretty poor
  • It's not exactly a good image for OCUK either when you think about it
  • I'm not buying an MSI gpu, might not buy anything MSI now....while hoping my msi motherboard doesn't have any issues.

Last edited:
Not sure why they can't give you the b grade 3080 they have.

I'd find it unlikely they will be selling that for £649 now anyway considering they are selling the 4070 for £550...

Well i was happy with MSI and would have bought again.

Not now, not a chance, warranty matters, these things are not cheap and you buy them under the impression that this is what you have for at least the length of the warranty, £380 gets you a used 3060Ti, that's obviously not a 3080 or equivalent.

Reading the thread it's not MSI who's offered him £380 it's OCUK.

if you bought on a credit card could you use the s75 thing to claim the full value back? goods obviously not fit for sale if it didnt last the warranty period, also whats the point in a warranty period if you dont even get the item replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom