• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dealt with OCUK RMA before and was completely satisfied, admittedly that was some years ago now.

I think if MSI had authorized a 4070 as replacement OCUK would have sent them that, otherwise OCUK would have to do it out of their own pocket, if they did that they wouldn't last long as a business.
Its also MSI's responsibility to reimburse OCUK for the RMA claim, so that would be at whatever MSI authorize.

Its not the customers fault MSI didn't keep enough stock for warranty replacements, some industries have to do this by law.

This is 100% on MSI.

Last edited:
The 4070 (even at its inflated price) is a cheaper card than the 3080 was and also has inferior performance at 4k - I wouldn't call it 'equivalent' (although I suppose you could argue the toss over the VRAM).

I'd insist on a replacement, a repair, a full refund or a 4070 Ti.

Some good info coming through but we still don't know if the customer has the right, or rather is entitled to have the item repaired or replaced with an equivalent product.

Or in other words if the customer is offered a partial refund, as is the case here, is that the full extent of what the vendor is legally required to do or must they comply with a request for a more satisfactory outcome, that being repair or replace.

Last edited:
This is why you only buy from retailers with a decent returns policy. No way I'd be happy with this. This seems an more an OcUK issue.
When i worked in retail the manager would love it when stuff went faulty. Manufacturer would send a much higher value replacement and that would be kept by the store and a b grade item if available would be given as a replacement to customer. This still happens today at a lot of retailers.
If possible always try the manufacturer directly they do have a lot more flexibility than the retailer.

so OCUK cant get hold of MSI for a customers RMA so instead of chasing up MSI they just do a best i can do is £20 take it or leave it

when did they start to employ this guy as customer rep?

254962201294cfe34ca7e698261f2f4f.jpg

When i worked in retail the manager would love it when stuff went faulty. Manufacturer would send a much higher value replacement and that would be kept by the store and a b grade item if available would be given as a replacement to customer. This still happens today at a lot of retailers.
If possible always try the manufacturer directly they do have a lot more flexibility than the retailer.
A lot of AIBs outright refuse to deal with customers directly, sadly. MSI were actually really good the one time I needed to RMA something with them, and replaced a faulty GTX 460 with a GTX 570. Obviously that was a long time ago though.

so OCUK cant get hold of MSI for a customers RMA so instead of chasing up MSI they just do a best i can do is £20 take it or leave it

when did they start to employ this guy as customer rep?

254962201294cfe34ca7e698261f2f4f.jpg
Ah, yeah... i missed this bit.

The thing is this rma is now being handled by overclockers, as overclockers stated they haven't heard back from the manufacturer within the 28 day period. So I'm not even sure this is completely MSI fault.
Again, not your fault, OCUK sold you an MSI product, if MSI are being difficult with OCUK that's not your problem, don't accept it as such.

No it has been going on for years - in the past it wasn't a big deal as tech moved on and the calculated refund would more or less get you something equivalent or better, not so much these days when prices have got crazy generation on generation.

Yeah, it wouldn't have been a big deal back then, but hard for them to argue for this kind of depreciation nowadays when that refund wouldn't even buy a used one.

I hope the OP didn't buy the card during the crypto boom :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom