My i7 3930K 3.20 OCing Follow Along!

Associate
OP
How's this looking?

2012-05-10_2200.png

Associate
OP
What increments shall I go by? and what would you say now is the MAIN thing to tweak from the settings now.

Am I just adjusting cpu vcore voltage vccsa voltage and vttcpu?

I just put the cores to 48 and kept voltages and got bsod so shall i just adjust those voltages by a certain amount?

Last edited:
Soldato
You've got the correct voltages in mind, but the main one to adjust by far is vcore. Also, don't expect to get 4.8, it usually requires a lot of voltage and watercooling. Aim for 4.5-4.6 with vcore @1.35v and and LLC @ High then take a breather, get it nice and properly stable and then sit in for the log haul to push further.

Associate
OP
all cores 47

vcore voltage is on 1.400 i believe

llc @ High

----

I'm happy with it anyway, it's been stressing for 30 mins+ and all ok so far..

Last edited:
Soldato
Would drop the voltage if it's possible.

From all my reading, I have been unable to determine whether 1.4V or 1.35V is safe for long-term 24/7, but there's no clear answer, but 1.4V is as far as I'd go.

But if you are staying at 4.7 and it will so so on lower voltages, then it would be worth trying to lower them.

Problem I got now is, I was only aiming for a 4.5GHz OC with the coolers I had, but now that I am getting better coolers, I won't be able to stop myself from seeing how high I can push it :D

Soldato
all cores 47

vcore voltage is on 1.400 i believe

llc @ High

----

I'm happy with it anyway, it's been stressing for 30 mins+ and all ok so far..

Would not go higher than 1.4v.
Next step i would advise the same as eyetrip, try and get the vcore as low as possible whilst keeping it stable.

Also, run IBT 5 times using all threads (12) on maximum RAM setting to find it's hottest point.

Very good :) I'm hitting 80c~ at 4.6 do you've got a fair distance to go yet ;)

See what i mean...:cool: really need to replace the 140mm exhaust and get a fan pointing at the vrms, Asus Suite II doesn't like the vrms (vcore) over 80c.

4629.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so shall i step down on vcore and nothing else? i.e steps of 0.015?

Problem I got now is, I was only aiming for a 4.5GHz OC with the coolers I had, but now that I am getting better coolers, I won't be able to stop myself from seeing how high I can push it

Haha, got to be done :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right, what i'm doing is stepping it down to 1.350 and will stress from there and step up by increments if needed, see where we end up. Running IBT on max ram.

Update: Ok, on vcore 1.350 and running IBT at max ram and 12 threads I get some error from IBT after a while. So from here shall I up the vcore slightly?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
1.35 errors, currently stressing @ 1.375*

Edit: IBT fails @1.375 running 12 threads and 14000 RAM

Hottest point around 72C

Latest:
2012-05-11_2013.png

1.380 Is what vcore is up to now and stressing, seems to be holding up on this

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So do you think I'm good leaving it there if all tests have been stable?

Also, next part is looking to OC my GTX680! Anyone up for some tip giving here, I had a little mess about but not 100% sure how to play it as voltage is locked (although I probably won't touch voltage)

Associate
OP
Well that max temp is running the 12 threads and max ram... For what I do, I doubt i'll be pushing the cpu @ full any time soon and for any long periods anyway so I should think it would be ok.

Last edited:
Associate
I find IBT Very High stresses the CPU much much more than Maximum for some reason; could be something specific to my setup, don't know. Could you give it 10 of Very High and check temps? I just tried Custom 8192, that got it hot :)

Back
Top Bottom